Skip to main content

View Diary: Over $4400 for Emergency Room visit--why we need Universal Healthcare (176 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Medical Cost Advocate (8+ / 0-)

    Fargo, I couldn't agree more!

    Last year I had a head injury that I should have had checked out. However, my internist wanted me to go to the ER instead of going to her office. I knew that it was going to be $xxxx's against a large deductible and didn't go. Last week I regretted that decision since it's not in my medical records that the head injury happened. But I digress ...

    Please check out Medical Cost Advocates. I haven't used them yet, but I was referred to them by a local provider. They will go to bat for you to get those charges reduced to "reasonable and customary". They take 30% of the reduction, but that still leaves 70% less to pay.

    Yes, the system is broken and "socialized" medicine is long overdue!

    "Let us not look back to the past with anger, nor towards the future with fear, but look around with awareness." James Thurber

    by annan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 05:30:45 PM PDT

    •  There are better ways to get (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      annan

      medical care advocates. It is best to pay by the hour and to find a local person.

      I'm asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... *I'm asking you to believe in yours.* Barack Obama

      by samddobermann on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 04:52:02 AM PDT

      [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site