View Diary: Ha: Breaking Fox Poll Fail: Obama Terror Rating Rise - Much Stronger Than Bush!! (61 comments)

•  I think it's a tough set of choices... (4+ / 0-)

Doing nothing would have consequences. Sending troops has other problems. So the drone seems like the obvious answer.

And that's why republicans approve of it. At least they are honest in that one regard.

I'm afraid that my signature won't match the mood of my comment.

by heybuddy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 06:43:52 AM PDT

•  Yes indeed! (2+ / 0-)
      ichibon, 417els
      Doing nothing would have consequences.
      Like not spawning a future generation of terrorists that will justify massive MIC funding into the foreseeable, and distant even, future.

We don't want that, do we?

•  I always wonder about (0+ / 0-)

the people who want the terrorists to be free to go about their preparations for mass civilian casualties.

You must have to pick your words very carefully to avoid coming right out and saying what you really want to happen. What an awkward existence that must be.

I'm afraid that my signature won't match the mood of my comment.

by heybuddy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:52:31 AM PDT

•  Do you have any perspective on how (3+ / 0-)
          mmacdDE, ichibon, isabelle hayes

many people are killed by terrorists each year (and I am putting aside the technical definition, and therefore not counting all those people killed by the US government, which  -again by the legal definition - is right up there with the world's greatest terrorist organizations)?

The answer is an absolutely trivial number compared to other things that kill people in general and Americans in particular.

For example, orders of magnitude more Americans are killed by tobacco, alcohol, hospital malfeasance, car accidents, guns, fossil fuel pollution, and industrial accidents than by terrorists.  The numbers are literally hundreds of thousands in many cases compared to single digits - or time averaged - in the 10s per year by terrorists.

Not to mention preventable disease.

Yet we allocate resources in exactly the reciprocal manner as any sane person would do to confront these threats.

•  You're right. (2+ / 0-)
            Mistral Wind, SilentBrook

Muslim extremists kill a very small number of Americans - and that is thanks entirely to our government.

The muslim extremists, however, kill an awful lot of innocent people in their own countries. And they try constantly to get to ours. Obama isn't making up all those foiled plots to make you a-scared of muslims. He actually downplays all the activity to avoid causing backlash against muslims.

I used to think like you, until I saw how aggressive Obama is against these guys... They must be pretty dangerous to get him to send bombs.

I'm afraid that my signature won't match the mood of my comment.

by heybuddy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 08:14:56 AM PDT

•  There are very, very few people over (2+ / 0-)
              a2nite, ichibon

there (or anywheres, really) who want to wantonly kill Americans.

If we left them alone, they'd leave us alone.

Instead we get involved in their civil wars, for reasons that are very clouded to anyone actually trying to figure out why, and the long term repercussions to the US are substantial in that the threat of terrorism blowback rises from essentially zero to a small, but measurable amount.

Still "all the activity" that you allude to is mainly in your imagination.

•  two problems: (1+ / 0-)
                SilentBrook

They would not leave us alone. I believe that you believe that, but so did Obama until he got the clearance to see the intel.

"We" run the show, as it were. I know Obama. I know he does't want to send bombs - he has to. And it's not for any other reason than these guys are actually dangerous. The drone program is the opposite of the MIC - it's just not expensive compared to what drives the MIC financially. And they may in fact be civil wars, but again, Obama is looking at the intel, and it is strong enough to cause him to, well, whatever. He doesn't do it for money, glory, or hate, Obama sends drones to save lives.

And as far as me imagining the activity, um, they foil plots like every week. I'm not an expert, but each one of these would be a big tragedy if they got through. I know we used to say that Bushco was inventing these things... until Obama proved that they were actually happening that frequently for real.

I'm afraid that my signature won't match the mood of my comment.

by heybuddy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 08:32:23 AM PDT

•  By foiling plots every week, I assume (1+ / 0-)
                  ichibon

you are referring Obama's Tuesday Kill List ?

IOW, deciding to kill a bunch of people on absolute crap intelligence.

In my world, that makes me no safer.

It actually doesn't help you out either, unless you're a direct beneficiary of the MIC, I suppose.

•  Then say it. (1+ / 0-)
                    SilentBrook

Say what you mean. Does Obama decide to kill a bunch of people on absolute crap intelligence? You just said that somebody does, and then you linked to the proof that he personally makes the decision.

So come on. You've beaten around the bush enough. Is President Obama a terrorist? A war criminal? A really immoral man? What do we call a person who decides to kill a bunch of people on absolute crap intelligence?

Or is it you? Is it you, perhaps, that has absolute...

I'm afraid that my signature won't match the mood of my comment.

by heybuddy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 10:54:18 AM PDT

•  There are alot of intelligent people (1+ / 0-)
                      ichibon

at this site who can look at the evidence and draw their own conclusions.

For example, those who believe that looking to history to avoid repeating mistakes is valuable, have surely drawn some lessons from The Phoenix Program

Or how the Gitmo inmates came to be there

Thus, I have no particular compulsion to spoon feed DailyKossers my specific perspective on things.   They can easily look at past clusterfucks and figure out if the current course of action has any parallels or not.

But sometimes when such egregious bullshit such as what you have been posting pops up, I cannot hold myself back from responding.  My bad, I suppose, since it is completely futile to discuss things with True Believers.

•  Just remember, (1+ / 0-)
                        SilentBrook

"the True Believers," and the "egregious bullshit" that you are referring to is me, but it is also Obama, Eric Holder, and a ton of other highly respected liberals.

They came to their senses and realized that these guys need to be stopped, the question is, why can't you?

I'm afraid that my signature won't match the mood of my comment.

by heybuddy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 11:18:36 AM PDT

•  Eric Holder & Obama are (1+ / 0-)
                          ichibon

"highly respected liberals"?

OK, I see that you've abandoned any pretense of rational discussion and gone for over the top comedy.

I suppose if I had realized that was your approach four hours ago, a few fewer electrons would have had to die to support this discussion . ..

d'ohh!!!