View Diary: Top Comments - Babblefish Edition (98 comments)

•  Sometimes I look for comments by comments (5+ / 0-)

reacting to them. I found that comment thanks to your comment, thus, I credited you with flagging the comment.

And thank you for doing it, too! The more the merrier!

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's CREATION." _ Jonathan Larson, RENT -9.62, -9.13

by BeninSC on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:40:29 PM PDT

•  Doing a search for the phrase "top comment" (6+ / 0-)

or "top comments" turns up some good ones. People will often tell someone things like "That's a top comment for sure!" and not realize they can send it in.

Oh, I used to be disgusted
      Now I try to be amused
      ~~ Elvis Costello

by smileycreek on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:43:28 PM PDT

•  Thanks much! (5+ / 0-)

I always use an iPad which means I can't do that hover thing to point to a specific comment. So it seems all I can do is send on the whole diary. I'd love to be able to send stuff to top comments. If anyone has figured out how to do it with an iPad, I'm all ears.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:46:44 PM PDT

•  Simply click on the comment timestamp. (5+ / 0-)

The comment will open in a new tab, and you can copy the entire address from the address bar at the top of the tab. You don't have to format the link, though technically that is possible, too, from iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Not convenient, though, so I don't recommend it.

Submit as many comments as you like. Worst case scenario we can search on the nominated party's comments and find the one you have in mind. If you also include the comment title, we can do it fast!

by BeninSC on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:53:06 PM PDT

•  I'll see if I can practice (4+ / 0-)

with my mom-in-law's iPad tomorrow; she's in the hospital so we're going to her apartment to go through mail and probably pay some bills, so I can maybe bring it home with me till she thinks she's up to using it (which might be a while).

Things are not going well; first thing she said when we went to see her was "they think I'm crazy", probably because the folks from Psychiatry have been working with her. I couldn't stay in the room because I was so sad to see her like that, so I went out to the waiting area then was able to be a little useful by talking to her attending physician on the phone (he was stuck in meetings so couldn't meet with us in person; hopefully he'll be around tomorrow morning when Mr. Scribe takes his brother to visit). I've been assured that I'm not a bad person for wanting this over with quickly if it's really her time to go, so that she doesn't have to suffer.

Just still really feel helpless...yes, this too shall pass.

by Cali Scribe on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:59:14 PM PDT

•  You may feel helpless (1+ / 0-)
          BeninSC

but if it is her time to go, then what you are being right now is helpful. I hope I have someone near me, taking care of things in my anxious confusion, even though I might not realize that it what is happening. No, you are certainly not a bad person.

•  I'm very sorry that this such a difficult time for (1+ / 0-)
          BeninSC

you. The helpless feeling is so difficult. It feels so...helpless. I believe two things here: you are doing exactly what is best to do and it is completely normal and human to want it to be over as quickly as possible.

( forget the stupid iPad stuff, ben's suggestion worked.)

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 04:10:11 AM PDT