View Diary: Brian Schweitzer: a bold progressive or just another fossil fueled politician? (166 comments)

•  :shrug: (0+ / 0-)

and we are going to disagree there because I take people as they are which means sometimes they will be on what I view as the 'right side' of the issue and sometimes they will be on the 'wrong side' but I am not going to make a judgement call on someone based on any one issue.

You can disagree with that all you want, your view is in no way inherently surperior to mine.

But you want to talk about defininig issues? How about we talk about Schweitzer's stance on Planned Parenthood? Or healthcare?

The world isn't black and white nor is it simple and people are more then a series of boxes.

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 04:30:37 PM PDT

•  being on the wrong side (3+ / 0-)
      RLMiller, Agathena, aliasalias

of the most important issue humanity has ever faced is not part of some relativistic equation.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 04:33:38 PM PDT

•  I am sure people would say the exact (1+ / 0-)
        afausser

same thing about healthcare, civil liberties etc etc

That you do not understand that is some what ironic and to be clear least you throw in a strawman I am not saying that climate change isn't important. I do think it's hyperbole to call it 'the most important issue humanity has ever faced' though

But then again Schweitzer also has a strong and clear record on renewables too. Which is something if you were willing to be objective you'd admit.

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 04:57:24 PM PDT

•  you really need to study (1+ / 0-)
          aliasalias

the facts aout climate change. your comments reveal how little you understand them. start with the stern review.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:06:45 PM PDT

•  I know the facts about climate change (0+ / 0-)

Frankly as a chemist I probably understand them and the risks better then you do. I certainly understand the chemical aspect better then you do.

Climate change is a pressing issue but it's not the only one nor am I am convinced by the 'day after tomorrow' crowd. The earth's climate is constantly (from a geological point of view) constantly in flux

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:25:33 PM PDT

•  as i said (0+ / 0-)

you need to learn the facts about climate change. you have  demonstrated no knowledge of them, and your blithe dismissals demonstrate quite the opposite.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:32:24 PM PDT

•  according to you (1+ / 0-)
                afausser

but given that you can not even acknowledge anything more then a black and white understanding of matters I think I will ignore your criticism as completely unfounded

In the time that I have been given,
                I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:36:31 PM PDT

•  yes (0+ / 0-)

continue to dismiss what you clearly don't understand. start with the stern review and get back to me.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:40:53 PM PDT

•  I think we are done here (1+ / 0-)
                    afausser

You can't tolerate anything other then your view and you can not acknowledge that the world is more then black and white which personally I think is sad because in the past I've often admired your ability to be balanced and objective.

You have a good  day but I'm not going to be talked down to by you. Especially when I doubt you understand half of the actual science.

In the time that I have been given,
                    I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:44:39 PM PDT

•  challenge the facts and the science (2+ / 0-)
                      Agathena, aliasalias

if you can. you continue to respond without demonstrating any understanding of the facts and the science. read my diaries on the subject and see if you have any substantive responses. i can wait.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:48:48 PM PDT

•  really? (2+ / 0-)
              Agathena, aliasalias

"The earth's climate is constantly (from a geological point of view) constantly in flux"?

This is a very troubling statement on a reality-based blog.

Do the math. #unfrackCal. @RL_Miller

by RLMiller on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:47:27 PM PDT

•  it's also a factual one (0+ / 0-)

unless you are going to claim that even in the last billion years the earth's climate has not undergone dramatic change?

In the time that I have been given,