View Diary: Sequestratian Defined: F#ck the Poor! (118 comments)

•  well yes of course (1+ / 0-)
    skepticalcitizen

the FAA vote was bipartisan and yes it sucks but let's not forget the how and the who

And the fact is that Congress passes laws so Obama can raise all the hell you want, doesn't mean anything will happen.

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 03:44:25 PM PDT

•  The President signed off on the (8+ / 0-)

sequestration bill.  He has VETO power and he did NOT use it in this instance.  So, his hands are not clean with regard to the sequester.  I really wish you would bother to get your FACTS straight BEFORE you write your comments.

"A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more." - from the prophet Jeremiah

by 3goldens on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:17:56 PM PDT

•  so he should have trashed our credit instead? (1+ / 0-)
        skepticalcitizen

that's a funny thing to demand

I rather wish you would get over yourself and your inflated outrage. Not to mention get your facts straight

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:22:54 PM PDT

•  The President along with the Dems (8+ / 0-)

in Congress helped put the sequestration bill together.  As to trashing the credit rating of the U.S., it was this President's failure to negotiate wisely with the Republicans when it came to raising the debt ceiling that led to the sequestration bill.  Granted, the Republicans have been royal jerks, however the President's inability to challenge them and call their bluff repeatedly has led to these ridiculous things like the sequestration bill.  His stubbornness in refusing to change course when the one he's chosen is not working is his Achilles heel.

Finally, your inability to respond to comments without being insulting to those you engage is noticeable.  In diary after diary that I read, you respond with insults to those you engage with.  No one is forcing you to come in to diaries like this one.  Now you and I are done here because you are clearly unable to interact positively with others who don't hold your exact beliefs and I'm not going to waste any further of my time on you.

by 3goldens on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 05:56:54 PM PDT

•  your history is utterly skewed (0+ / 0-)

this is like talking to someone that insists Napoleon was some poor tragic misunderstood person that only had Europe's best intentions

Also you have absolutely no room to talk about insults when your entire comment was inflammatory and insulting.  I responded to you exactly as you responded to me so maybe if you were insulted by me using your own words and tone against you you should look in the mirror a little?

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 06:04:19 PM PDT

•  Well, the facts in that response (2+ / 0-)
          3goldens, Sunspots

seem to me to be:

(1) The President signed off on the sequestration bill
          (2) He has veto power.
          (3) He did not use it in this instance
          (4) His hands are not clear with regard to the sequester

Those facts seem wholly "straight" to me. Which one (or more) of them are wrong?

•  clean* (n/t) (2+ / 0-)
            3goldens, NoMoreLies
          •  the facts also are (0+ / 0-)

1. the GOP was threatening to push the US off a cliff
            2. We were likely going to take a credit hit already (and we in fact did)

But hey why bother with all the facts when you can just make a half assed conclusion based only on the facts that support the answer you already have?

3goldens is just out to bash democrats nothing more nothing less. Obama could walk on water and 3goldens would be made Obama didn't get wet.

In the time that I have been given,