View Diary: Where's jbou? (110 comments)

•  How is "douchenozzle" not sexist? n/t (0+ / 0-)

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 08:15:45 AM PDT

•  Don't ask me to prove a negative . (2+ / 0-)
      Kimbeaux, SilentBrook

If you want to make the case for "douchenozzle" being sexist ,
      I say go for it , I'm all ears .
      If you do it well enough I'll share it with the whole site ,
      I'll try to get it wide spread viewing .

Drop the name-calling MB 2/4/11 + Please try to use ratings properly! Kos 9/9/11 + Trusted Users have a responsibility to police the general tenor... Hunter 5/26/06

by indycam on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 08:27:56 AM PDT

•  This isn't logic class; (0+ / 0-)

it's rhetoric class.  But thanks for the deflection.

by corvo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 08:29:20 AM PDT

•  So you will not even atempt to show (2+ / 0-)
          Kimbeaux, SilentBrook

what you claimed , not even a little ?

If "douchenozzle" is sexist as you claim ,
          why not show the thoughts / reasons ?

Is it that you can't ?
          Take as much time as you like , I'll wait for your explanation of how "douchenozzle" is sexist .

by indycam on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 08:34:31 AM PDT

•  I think "douchenozzle" (1+ / 0-)
            Neuroptimalian

is just the stupidest "insult" I think I have ever seen.  If you want to know why it can perceived as sexist....men don't douche.  And douching implies that women are somehow dirty.

See what happens when we get into this semantic bullshit?  A fucking fight for 8 or 10 comments.

Just dumb all the way around.

Listening to the NRA on school safety is like listening to the tobacco companies on cigarette safety. (h/t nightsweat)

by PsychoSavannah on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 09:03:20 AM PDT

•  Anything can be "perceived" as anything (0+ / 0-)

just like jockstrap.

"I watch Fox News for my comedy, and Comedy Central for my news." - Facebook Group

by Sychotic1 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 09:25:08 AM PDT

•  So you are claiming that "douchenozzle" (1+ / 0-)
              SilentBrook

is a sexist insult ? And then anyone who flings "douchenozzle" is a sexist ?

by indycam on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 11:54:46 AM PDT

•  I'm claiming that it's stupid. And juvenile. (0+ / 0-)

And not very effective.

But, since you did ask waaaaaaaay up above how it could be perceived as sexist, I gave you the answer.

by PsychoSavannah on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 01:29:52 PM PDT

•  I did not ask (0+ / 0-)
                  how it could be perceived as sexist
                   You changed the question so that you could answer .
                   I'm claiming that it's stupid. And juvenile.
                  And not very effective.
                  I didn't ask if it was stupid , juvenile or effective .

The claim made was that it was sexist , I asked to be shown how it is sexist . Not how it could be perceived as sexist .
                  Make the argument for it being sexist or fail .

by indycam on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 03:42:35 PM PDT

•  Actually, proving a negative (0+ / 0-)

is pretty much the demand being put on anyone accused of using worty durds around here.  "Prove that saying X about Y isn't racist!" for instance -- except that the approach is to HR and ban first, and then not to even ask later.

I, on the other hand, am being generous to you.

by corvo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 08:34:32 AM PDT

•  But mommy he did it too . A childs argument . (1+ / 0-)
          SilentBrook
          I, on the other hand, am being generous to you.
          Please do stop , your generosity is not .

Do try your best to show "douchenozzle" to be sexist , that was your claim , you put that forth , its on you to show it to be true . If you can not then it will remove your credibility .

by indycam on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 08:43:36 AM PDT

•  douchenozzle has no history of being (3+ / 0-)
      indycam, SilentBrook, splashy

used as a sexist term, unless we want to start making shit up.

by Sychotic1 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 09:24:23 AM PDT