View Diary: The sad irony of Black America's biblical justification for anti-marriage-equality stance (45 comments)

•  i guess (0+ / 0-)

you missed that the vast majority of the public as ostracizing the people (including Limbaugh losing tons of advertising) on the wrong side of the Sandra Fluke issue (rightfully so, and indicative of how little a problem this kind of bigotry is these days). the fact that a young woman was allowed to go out and testify about such a topic and then have her haters get totally called out by the vast majority of the public, completely negates your point that it's MAJOR HARDSHIP FOR WOMEN.

and the context of my comments referenced by that guy, since you obviously didn't view the links, was about immigration and the jobs crisis in the US and people lazily blaming it on "whining white guys" and overplaying the issues facing women and minorities currently.  The point is MORE women are in universities, the pay inequality issue has a lot to do with nuance that is avoided in a lot of the press, and the barriers these days are minute compared to when this was an activist-driven issue.

but yea the more you imply that i'm a sexist racist, the less you have to deal with the points put forth in this diary.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:06:20 AM PDT

•  Not a hardship? (0+ / 0-)

It is not a hardship to have people fighting to deprive you of access to medically necessary medication because you are a woman? It is not a hardship to be called a slut to millions? Martin Luther King Jr was a hero who won a lot of respect and praise but that does not mean he never endured any hardship. People supported her after the hardship. And I cited many cases, not just one. I don't need to imply that you are a sexist racist. You manage to do that pretty well all by yourself.

Proud Aspie mom of an LGBT kid and some Aspies.

by CatM on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:26:12 AM PDT

•  uh (0+ / 0-)

when the hell did i say MLK didn't endure hardship?

obviously you didn't read the comment thread of where my comment was posted.

Meanwhile I'll be sticking up for working Americans of any ethnicity/race or gender. Stick to fighting old battles that have already been won, not all of us can adapt to changing issues.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:33:50 AM PDT

•  You have a problem with reading comprehension (0+ / 0-)

Which explains why you cannot even understand the meaning of the things you wrote. Why are you sticking up for people of any race/gender if all those battles have been won and there are no obstacles anymore for women or minorities, as you claim? Who are the people facing the obstacles? If you take away women and you take away minorities, that only leaves one group: white men.

You really need to read more that gets posted at the site and pay more attention to the news if you honestly think women and minorities have no more obstacles. No true progressive, liberal, or democrat would ever believe such a ridiculous assertion. Some might believe things have gotten better, but the fact that we have yet to pass a pay equality act or that we are relitigating the Voting Rights Act,makes it pretty clear democrats recognizes there are still obstacles. Clearly, you stand with Antonin Scalia on this one.

Proud Aspie mom of an LGBT kid and some Aspies.

by CatM on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:46:39 AM PDT

•  stop your lying (0+ / 0-)

just because you SAY i said there are NO obstacles facing women and minorities, doesn't mean that i wrote it.

put down your strawman, you're completely out of control.

I'm hesitant to even address such blatant trolling, but you need to calm down and read the context of the comment and stop lying, thanks.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:52:11 AM PDT

•  You did say it. (0+ / 0-)

I am a long time member of Daily Kos in good standing, and no one would ever accuse me of being a troll. The same cannot be said for you, who was earlier accused of being a troll in this very diary.

Nor am I a liar. I went to the link provided, I read what you wrote, and those were your exact words, as another diarist here has reproduced. I also read the context in which you wrote them and it does not match the backpedaling you are now seeking to do in distancing yourself from some pretty wrongheaded remarks.

You absolutely did make that statement in a comment in which you complained about white males being needlessly bashed. You are the one who is not being truthful.

Proud Aspie mom of an LGBT kid and some Aspies.

by CatM on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:58:37 AM PDT

•  you are a liar (0+ / 0-)

you've twisted my comment to make it look like i've said ALL WOMEN AND MINORITIES FACE NO OBSTACLES, which is so unbelievably stupid I don't even know where to begin with you.

you're not being an honest participant in this at all.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 12:00:56 PM PDT

•  and the entire comment (0+ / 0-)

thread as I linked it (the link you followed probably didn't even show the comment I was replying to:READ THE ENTIRE THING)

was all about how we face issues that aren't divided along WOMEN/MINORITIES/etc -- those fights are mostly over, and they don't face the same obstacles.

THE WHOLE POINT WAS THAT THE PROBLEMS WE FACE ARE AGAINST CLASSES, REGARDLESS OF RACE.

you take some tiny segment of a comment within a deep multi-level thread of a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIARY and now you've hijacked this entry and forced me to be on the defense from your disgusting attacks.

the fact I've had to link to this and explain this to you so blatantly as if you're a child makes me question whether you're really NOT a troll, but the GALL of you to repeatedly accuse me of something so wildly off-base has made me feel obligated to clear it here in the comments to fend off your libel.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 12:06:28 PM PDT

•  Who cares? (0+ / 0-)

Nobody is reading your dead racist diary anyway. I did not bring the quote or link to this thread, and I read your comment in full. To be libel, it would have to be untrue. You did say what I and another said you did. My interpretation of those words would not be subject to libel charges, but go ahead and pursue a claim if you really think you have a case. Scalia might rule for you.

Proud Aspie mom of an LGBT kid and some Aspies.

by CatM on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 12:28:45 PM PDT

•  LOL (0+ / 0-)

You're really a disgusting cretin, you know that? Shameful individual. The pity i have for you outweighs the frustration with your inability to understand your warped worldview.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 12:41:45 PM PDT