View Diary: The Daily Show/Colbert Report Late-night treehouse 04.30.13 (63 comments)

•  Really? (13+ / 0-)
    absolutely unrepentant
       I thought an acknowledgement of error was required for NR reinstatement, unless kos or one of the other admins decided they made an error. But then you wouldn't need to wait. Interesting...

-7.25, -6.26

We are men of action; lies do not become us.

by ER Doc on Wed May 01, 2013 at 06:51:47 AM PDT

•  Just goes to prove what I was saying, (13+ / 0-)

which is that some people (sects) are more equal than others!

If you are on fb, we have a group on fb! PWB Peeps

by triciawyse on Wed May 01, 2013 at 08:25:33 AM PDT

•  Please keep this kind of crap out of my diaries. (0+ / 0-)
        •  Never fear, you WON'T have to worry (4+ / 0-)

about me sullying you or your diaries again.

If you are on fb, we have a group on fb! PWB Peeps

by triciawyse on Thu May 02, 2013 at 10:57:47 AM PDT

•  You are quite right, of course, (4+ / 0-)

I had no right to leave the pootie diaries. Please forgive me.

If you are on fb, we have a group on fb! PWB Peeps

by triciawyse on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:24:05 AM PDT

•  I quote: (0+ / 0-)
            5. Whatever happens in the outer blog STAYS in the outer blog. DO NOT SHIT-STIR IN HERE! Shit stirring will be dealt with the same way we deal with trolls.
            This is a community diary. Do I really need to post a disclaimer block/rules at the top? Not that most of the (mostly) newcomers to the diary comment thread seem to have even noticed where it is they were posting.

I don't agree with everything Ek says/does. But in this diary series he has been nothing but supportive and respectful. He does have a regrettable tendency to stand his ground to a fault, yes.

But this sort of round-up-everyone drop-by chastisement simply supports his assumption that opposition/hostility to him has a social basis, not one based on the words/ideas he's writing/supporting. As an aspie, I don't understand lots of social stuff -- but it's real easy to see that what's going on here is a whole lot like the bullying I dealt with as a kid. Someone violated a particular groups' social norms, and now must be hounded and chastised at every possible opportunity. Regardless of anyone else who might be nearby, or of whose home they may be in.

I expect better of you, Tricia.

•  you might have responded (10+ / 0-)

that way as well to the rather obnoxious person farther upthread who seems to be thumbing his or her nose at even the feeble attempts at site moderation that exist these days.

There is no question that there is an unseen world. The problem is, how far is it from Midtown and how late is it open? -- Woody Allen

by Mnemosyne on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:36:12 AM PDT

•  I'll copy/paste a bit here: (0+ / 0-)
            I quote:

But to answer you: actually, I did respond to Ek. The one you can read just above is my standard "y'know some people think you're being a dick? Stop it." response. Anything else is private, since ek is one of those people more likely to dig his feet in when challenged in public. And, of course, because this is a community diary where we try to keep things calm & friendly before bedtime.

But seriously. Do you really see "well, I'll click 'yes, I understand that the bad thing I did is bad' but I won't really mean it" as any sort of challenge to site moderation? In the public square, actions matter. Intent, not so much. I don't care how grumpy anyone is about it, so long as they play nice.

•  and if you really want to worry (8+ / 0-)

about something a bit more important:

NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York (GISS) has collected the annual surface temperature around the globe from 1950-2012 and have compiled it into a 13-second-long video. The colors represent the temperature when compared to a baseline average, not the actual temperature itself. The average was established by the temperatures from 1951 to 1980.

by Mnemosyne on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:59:21 AM PDT