View Diary: Daily Kos and "the master's tools" (138 comments)

•  Come on, do you really think I'm going to (0+ / 0-)

defend BWD? Yes, there are people who pull the "you criticized Obama, you're racist card" and they are rightfully told to piss off. This is a different matter altogether.

If debt were a moral issue then, lacking morals, corporations could never be in debt.

by AoT on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:07:01 AM PDT

•  Okay, then, (0+ / 0-)

we failed to nurture an environment in which users like Adept2U (or whatever his/her nick was) could decry presumed white males as "racists" whenever she wanted to, and for whatever reason (including none at all).

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:25:57 AM PDT

•  We've built an environment where (1+ / 0-)
        sexgenderbody

people of color and women aren't comfortable. As clearly illustrated by the lack of people of color and women. Sure, there are some, but they are a much smaller percentage than either the internet in general and even more so the party. That's not an accident.

by AoT on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:33:57 AM PDT

•  so what can we change? (0+ / 0-)

I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.

by jbou on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:49:28 AM PDT

•  I would hope so (0+ / 0-)

I mean, it's certainly possible to not have this be true. I don't know that we will change, but we sure can. There are people working on it, obviously this was not a real attempt at that, but there are people like Black Kos who are trying to make this a space where more people feel welcome.

by AoT on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:57:04 AM PDT

•  Three thoughts: (1+ / 0-)
              just another vet

1. You didn't answer jbou's question.
              2. Why hasn't this diary been added to Black Kos?
              3. As someone to the left of Richard Nixon, I don't feel comfortable here either, but I'm not going to let that intimidate me.

by corvo on Thu May 02, 2013 at 01:31:06 PM PDT