View Diary: I sucked at Buddhism last night (257 comments)

•  Please understand enhydra lutris's post above (3+ / 0-)
    Aramis Wyler, David54, 84thProblem

you're 180 degrees from center with all this.

If you're worrying and on this earth, you need to be taking action, not 86ing life. breathe.

The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution. Paul Cezanne

by MeToo on Thu May 02, 2013 at 11:43:36 AM PDT

•  I can understand how you can be 180 degrees (1+ / 0-)
      MeToo

from a point on the circumference of a circle, but I don't understand how you can be 180 degrees from the center of the circle. Being removed from the center would be a line straight out from the center or the radius. Then another line straight out from the center would be the other radius. If these two lines were 180 degrees it would be the diameter.

I never got math and religion is not far behind. I enjoy it though.

Validate my parking Validate my parenting Validate my politics Validate my religion And I will be happy.

by 88kathy on Thu May 02, 2013 at 01:38:52 PM PDT

•  I think what MeToo meant... (2+ / 0-)
        88kathy, MeToo

...was you're heading the wrong way dude!

The opposite of life is not death, but indifference. -- Jaki Gefjon (A.A.Attanasio)

by Max Wyvern on Thu May 02, 2013 at 01:47:38 PM PDT

•  We always use string theory for math/religion (0+ / 0-)

analogies. It works better no one you are apt to run into understands either. :)

by 88kathy on Thu May 02, 2013 at 01:55:21 PM PDT

•  consider it a koan (2+ / 0-)
        88kathy, MeToo

like that "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" riddle.

;)

Touch all that arises with a spirit of compassion

by Mindful Nature on Thu May 02, 2013 at 02:56:37 PM PDT

•  I made up my own. When you are fishing, (1+ / 0-)
          MeToo

the fish line goes in the water. It seems to jump over a couple of inches and continue on down in the water. That place where it jumps over, is like religion. The air and water fish line will never ever ever match up, it will always jump over.

by 88kathy on Thu May 02, 2013 at 03:57:32 PM PDT

•  What you see in the water (1+ / 0-)
            88kathy

there is a reflection of your mind.  : )

I did mean for my initial reply to be abstract :  you're 180 degrees from center with all this... circular logic, never resolves. Love the idea that it's a koan!

by MeToo on Thu May 02, 2013 at 05:52:11 PM PDT