View Diary: Gun Control Works So Well (228 comments)

•  The sad thing is, (2+ / 0-)
    coquiero, rigcath

they will compare the "bigotry" that gun owners suffer as being the same or similar to the bigotry LGBT folks suffer.  It's mystifying.

"I don't want a unicorn. I want a fucking pegasus. And I want it to carry a flaming sword." -mahakali overdrive

by Silvia Nightshade on Tue May 07, 2013 at 07:29:40 AM PDT

•  ??? Have you not been paying attention??? (2+ / 0-)
      Texas Lefty, FrankRose

As a transgendered woman, I am part of that LGBT group.

Which makes me just as qualified as anyone else to speak on these issues.

The facts are that I do not agree with your "solutions" under our Constitutional Republic.

by gerrilea on Tue May 07, 2013 at 07:57:35 AM PDT

•  You're allowed to disagree with me. (1+ / 0-)
        coquiero

My problem is saying gun owners are an oppressed minority just the same or close to the way LGBT folks are oppressed.  I just don't see how they are remotely similar.

by Silvia Nightshade on Wed May 08, 2013 at 06:30:57 AM PDT

•  I'm not the one that made that comparison. (0+ / 0-)

You and Coquiero did.

A strawman to attack perhaps?

by gerrilea on Wed May 08, 2013 at 09:28:24 AM PDT

•  Oh Jesus dude, (1+ / 0-)
            coquiero

I wasn't attacking anyone.  I was expressing my frustration with this particular argument that Coquiero brought up because I have seen it numerous times on DKos.  I can go dredge up links if you think I'm full of shit but I have a migraine and I'm not in the mood.

Just call me an asshole and HR me already if that will make you feel better, Christ.

by Silvia Nightshade on Wed May 08, 2013 at 09:57:10 AM PDT

•  As you well know, I'm a transgendered woman (0+ / 0-)

calling me "dude" is beyond the pale, whether or not you have a headache.

by gerrilea on Wed May 08, 2013 at 10:06:46 AM PDT

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Texas (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site