View Diary: The Real Scandals (71 comments)

•  Still wouldn't be enough (18+ / 0-)

Seriously, these fuckers just don't ever quit.

Let's see, Last Dem president impeached by Republicans. Check. Last Republican President and known WAR CRIMINAL not impeached by Dems. Check. Current Dem president fighting off rabid impeachment-hungry Republicans. Check.

I see a pattern here.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:04:33 AM PDT

•  Perhaps the Kenyan should become Ted Nugent's (3+ / 0-)
      DeadHead, radarlady, Words In Action

indentured servant?

Nugent wrote: "The Nuge Immigration Plan (NIP) takes five years for even illegal immigrants to become Americans. Until then, they should be treated like indentured servants, meaning that they have to earn their citizenship."

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." Arundhati Roy

by LaFeminista on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:09:12 AM PDT

•  We've got that genius, along with others like (2+ / 0-)
        LaFeminista, Words In Action

Louis "Asperations on my Asparagus" Gohmert, representing the finest quality idiocy available in the United States today.

What could possibly go wrong?

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu May 16, 2013 at 03:15:21 AM PDT

•  If the Republicans get in in 2016 then I think (3+ / 0-)

I'll just start weeping. I can imagine all too well the "teh Tea Republic", it would make banana republics look inspired

by LaFeminista on Thu May 16, 2013 at 04:07:01 AM PDT

•  If the Republicans get in in 2016 (1+ / 0-)
            Words In Action

:: knocks on wood ::

I'm heading to Europe. Or the moon. Whichever has the fewest idiots per capita. ;)

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu May 16, 2013 at 04:59:53 AM PDT

•  Yes, but (4+ / 0-)

which country? Seems like the best ones up are up north, but they're cold and dark, and the Netherlands is mostly below sea level (of course they do have the most advanced installed technology for dealing with that.)

According to current plans, will be spending 2016 or 2017 in Italy. While there, I intend to spend time in the world-renowned Emilie-Romagna and Modragon (Basque Spain) cooperatives communities. I was planning to bring my experience back here, but I may just take it somewhere else more productive if the U.S. continues to lurch any more toward disaster capitalism whilst denying global warming. I don't want to put my head in the sand, but I don't want to spin my wheels, either.

From here on out, no one can escape the havoc wrought by the unmitigated Class, Climate and Terror Wars.

by Words In Action on Thu May 16, 2013 at 05:46:02 AM PDT

•  They would do to us what they do in states (3+ / 0-)
            LaFeminista, 4CasandChlo, DeadHead

they control, and don't think they wouldn't do everyting on their dream list no matter what

•  but even more so (1+ / 0-)
              DeadHead

by LaFeminista on Thu May 16, 2013 at 05:55:21 AM PDT

•  This to me is where the horror truly lies: (2+ / 0-)
              TracieLynn, merrywidow

There is absolutely no indication that there will ever be a point where conservative Republicans (and their brothers in arms around the globe) conclude; "this is enough, we got what we wanted and to go further would hurt others too badly".

Indeed, there is no indication that conservatives are even capable of the kind of empathy that such a conclusion requires.

"Dr. Pauls" call at the Republican debate to "let those that do not have the insurance to die outside the hospital" (less taxpayers have to pick up the bill) garnered cheers from the audience, leaving many to wonder, is there a bottom?

The evolving cruel pack mentality is terrifying me, it truly is.

Blessed are the peacemakers, the poor, the meek and the sick. Message to Repug Fundies: "DO you really wonder "what would Jesus do?" I didn't think so.

by 4CasandChlo on Thu May 16, 2013 at 06:40:19 AM PDT

•  Gut SS, Medicare, Obamacare, food stamps (0+ / 0-)

civil rights protections, Federal abortion bans, I don't have time to finish a list like this...

•  No, that is my point. . . (2+ / 0-)
                  Icicle68, peregrine kate

There is no indication that that would be the bottom, none.

There would still be further actions available to uber corporatists to scheme servitude of the vast majority.

"Gut SS, Medicare, Obamacare, food stamps" isn't the bottom, they could be done away with altogether, totally.  They could be replaced with a scheme that sounds good "vouchers for medicare" that actually frees up more money for corporate-elite out of the treasury, there is always room to redistribute wealth from the masses.

There is no bottom.

by 4CasandChlo on Thu May 16, 2013 at 07:37:22 AM PDT

•  it's the ''he who dies with the most toys wins'... (1+ / 0-)
                    4CasandChlo

concentrating wealth at the top is relative to who/what the ''top'' is - they are playing hard with this concentration of wealth thing and eventually all who are in the top 10% then top 5% then top 2% etc will be consumed just as the poor,  working class and middle class are now being consumed...wtf

''A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward.'' FDR

by lostinamerica on Thu May 16, 2013 at 08:46:16 AM PDT

•  Wut? The "Nuge Immigration Plan"? (1+ / 0-)
        DeadHead

Now that's just full of fail.