View Diary: Saturday Night Loser's Club, Vol. CCCLXXVI: Post-National Bike to Work Day Edition (7 comments)

•  hi (5+ / 0-)

We are home from a fun overnight seeing four grandbabies.

I am exhausted, but still smiling.

I will be crashing and burning very shortly, but it was worth the three hour drive each way.

Next up is a Kindergarten graduation on Tuesday which is only an hour's drive.

Best wishes to all here!!!

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Sat May 18, 2013 at 06:28:47 PM PDT

•  3-hour drive? Hmm..... (4+ / 0-)
      shari, jlms qkw, cfk, RiveroftheWest

As you know, I'm not one for long-distance driving, but you obviously have the motivation with seeing the grandkids.  Good to know it went well.

"It's only in books that the officers of the detective force are superior to the weakness of making a mistake." (Wilkie Collins, The Moonstone)

by chingchongchinaman on Sat May 18, 2013 at 08:15:24 PM PDT

•  I got to read books to two of them (2+ / 0-)

which is always fun.

The almost three year old had me read a book about a dog herding sheep.  He wanted me to read it again and he asked me why the dog wanted to hurt the sheep.  I had to explain what herding was and I thought it was good that he asked as I had not thought about him not knowing what that was and hearing it as "hurting".

The two who danced did really well.

The baby is a smiler.  :)

We don't do the trip very often, but it was great weather and nice to see lilacs and flowering trees and green everywhere.

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Sun May 19, 2013 at 05:23:17 AM PDT

•  hmm, I actually thought that you guys would.... (2+ / 0-)
          cfk, RiveroftheWest

......do the drive more often, but then now that I think about it, I guess the kids drive to you with the grandkids just as often, if not more so, perhaps.  Makes old age more fun, which tells you about me.

(Virtually no traffic on this one.  Oh well.)

Still wondering what other books to juggle along with The Iliad, again to try to unload at the bookstore.  I found out that I apparently do have a fair bit of store credit built up over the past year.

by chingchongchinaman on Sun May 19, 2013 at 07:18:23 AM PDT

•  Hurrah for store credit! (2+ / 0-)

So you can get something you really want.  :)

I suspect everyone has been out playing in the nice weather instead of being at DKos.

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Sun May 19, 2013 at 08:27:19 AM PDT

•  did have some nice weather here y-day (2+ / 0-)
              cfk, RiveroftheWest

Today isn't so bad right now either.  We didn't have a really prolonged spring as such this spring.  Might pop out for a quick errand at some point.

by chingchongchinaman on Sun May 19, 2013 at 10:09:46 AM PDT