View Diary: It has happened again: Three teens raped a 12 year old girl at gunpoint and post video on Facebook (194 comments)

•  Nonsense. (1+ / 0-)
    LadyMiseryAli

You are blaming them for being teenagers.

If they can make adult decisions, then why are they not adults?

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
    but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Sat May 18, 2013 at 09:47:39 PM PDT

•  Not nonsense. (5+ / 0-)

The maliciously and deliberately raped a 12 year old girl at gunpoint and bragged about it on Facebook. There's nothing naïve or innocent in what they did.

You are seriously fucked up if you dismiss this as youthful antics. They made a very adult decision and had no qualms about it whatsoever. They deserve to go to prison.

•  I know exactly what they did. (2+ / 0-)
        JesseCW, Lost and Found

Yet they are not adults, so quit trying to pretend they should be just because they did something we don't like.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
        but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Sat May 18, 2013 at 11:26:04 PM PDT

•  Adult is an action, not an age. (5+ / 0-)

Teenagers alternate being greenhorn grownups with being children. Working is an adult activity, as it committing premeditated violent crimes.

There's a reason for the "tried as an adult" mechanism.

Freedom isn't free. Patriots pay taxes.

by Dogs are fuzzy on Sun May 19, 2013 at 12:37:17 AM PDT

•  Yes, there is a reason (9+ / 0-)

It has to do with a vengeful society.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
            but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Sun May 19, 2013 at 12:54:41 AM PDT

•  please. (1+ / 0-)
              OldSoldier99

stop it.
              stop making this about you thinking that punishment for the rape of child is vengeful and mean because her rapists were young adults.

We consume the carcasses of creatures of like appetites, passions and organs with our own, and fill the slaughterhouses daily with screams of pain and fear. Robert Louis Stevenson

by Christin on Sun May 19, 2013 at 06:42:15 AM PDT

•  Ahh Christin (1+ / 0-)
                Samulayo

Glad you haven't lost your ability to put words in people's mouths.

I said nothing about the merits of the crime, nothing whatsoever.

I confined my remarks solely to the practice of trying children as adults.

I was intellectually honest in a way you appear to lack.

Why do you believe that juvenile courts are an inappropriate place to try children, and that they are not capable of punishing wrongdoing.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
                but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Sun May 19, 2013 at 07:24:14 AM PDT

•  It's not a comfortable discussion (1+ / 0-)
                Pale Jenova

nothing that deals with teens, sexuality, violence, or violence is simple.

It's uncomfortable, but we have to be able to have it.

I have a fifteen year old, and I will tell you that he is, without a doubt, not a child.  Yet, his behavior is frequently more childlike than his eight year old sister.

He is clearly not a man.  I've heard him say things to me that would seem like he is a man, but he isn't.

It's a very confusing time for the individual.

None of that excuses the behavior of the teenagers.  It's reprehensible, and it points to some of our problems with the internet and how boys and girls treat each other in that environment.

I would not want to be a teenager right now.

Streichholzschächtelchen

by otto on Sun May 19, 2013 at 08:45:18 AM PDT

•  If they were adults (0+ / 0-)

they'd have known better than to post it on Facebook, don't you think? The fact that they did that speaks volumes about their ability to think ahead and understand the consequences of their actions.

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Sun May 19, 2013 at 04:52:35 PM PDT