View Diary: Ask me anything about Daily Kos (and elections!) (142 comments)

•  I missed my chance last week but I"ll try anyway (0+ / 0-)

with my technical question

I can't embed any videos anymore except those with the prefix, can't do iframes or scr. This is annoying. To embed videos from youtube I have to select 'use old method' or something like that. I use the most up to date version of Chrome, I switched from IE to be able to embed videos but I can't anymore, is DKos becoming a dinosaur?

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 01:19:20 PM PDT

•  We haven't changed anything recently (1+ / 0-)
      Eyesbright

We do pretty tightly control the use of iframes, because they can be used to create a number of nasty exploits. That's all done server side by us.

The next version will be a little cleverer about how we handle this.

Fry, don't be a hero! It's not covered by our health plan!

by elfling on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 01:24:49 PM PDT

•  So there's no way to embed any videos except for (0+ / 0-)

the ones with the ancient code? How do other people embed videos? They obvioulsy know something I don't. What about the ones are those eveil too?

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 01:26:23 PM PDT

•  PS - it's not a recent problem, I've been dealing (0+ / 0-)

with it (unsuccessfully) for a long time. Who said 'recently"?

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 01:27:12 PM PDT

•  OK let me rephrase the question. How do I embed (0+ / 0-)

videos with anything other than the ancient 'object' html thing or whatever it is in the first 'word'. ?

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 01:28:32 PM PDT

•  eXtina, I'm poking at this a bit (1+ / 0-)
          eXtina

it may be a couple of hours before I get back to you but we're kibitzing behind the scenes to see if there's something we can do here.

Fry, don't be a hero! It's not covered by our health plan!

by elfling on Fri Jun 14, 2013 at 02:14:29 PM PDT