View Diary: Solving Rape? - A Very Short Statement For Those Who Just Don't Get It! (358 comments)

•  I think that's because you can't tell (2+ / 0-)
    kyril, anna shane

Which men are the rapists. Rapists tend to do quite well at blending in, at looking innocent. That's how they manage to keep doing it.

That being said,  I did not recommend because of the poor wording.

Women create the entire labor force. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sympathy is the strongest instinct in human nature. - Charles Darwin

by splashy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 02:48:25 PM PDT

•  That's not what it says. (4+ / 0-)
      kyril, Reepicheep, dejavu, Hamtree

That might be what you thought it meant, but that is NOT what the commenter said.

F'ing outrageous.

"It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the GOP again." - The Democratic Party

by Rick Aucoin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 02:59:40 PM PDT

•  why so upset? (1+ / 0-)
        splashy

How do  you know it isn't true?  If one out of three women has been sexually assaulted, you think that's just a handful of bad apples?  All you can say is you wouldn't rape. If you're a guy, ask some of your buddies, but without telling them what you want to hear.  Many will admit to the one time, when there was an opportunity.  They'll later be sorry.  But the woman will have been raped.

If there is no opportunity, they won't manufacture one, but if there is?

if you find it f'ing outrageous, how do you think the woman feels.

or better, ask you female friends, who raped or tried to rape them and what were the circumstances.

"oh no, not four more years of hope and change?" Karl Christian Rove

by anna shane on Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 09:12:24 PM PDT

•  Yeah, fuck you. (2+ / 1-)
          salamanderanagram, Hamtree
          Hidden by:
          serendipityisabitch

Just, fuck you, you horrible wretched person.

Go ahead, get anyone you can to come HR this comment, but you deserve it.

Fuck you.

You're wrong, and you're spreading vile fucking lies.

Fuck you.

by Rick Aucoin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 09:55:36 PM PDT

•  I don't know whether anna is right or wrong (0+ / 0-)

and neither do you. Not enough solid data either way. In any case, your opinion of her opinion doesn't justify your comment. HR'd

At least half the future I've been expecting hasn't gotten here yet. Sigh.... (Yes, there's gender bias in my name; no, I wasn't thinking about it when I signed up. My apologies.)

by serendipityisabitch on Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 11:20:31 PM PDT

•  ill wear that hr proudly. (0+ / 0-)

There isn't enough evidence to disprove the statement that almost all men are rapists at heart and only don't rape from fear of being caught?

Yeah.  Fuck you too.

by Rick Aucoin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 11:34:44 PM PDT

•  If you want to disprove that men are rapists (1+ / 0-)
                splashy

(and my belief, though not my knowledge, is that most men aren't under most circumstances), don't you think you might want to find words that don't undercut your point?

Aren't you saying "Although I'm ready to use these words against you this way, trust me that I won't follow them up with actions because I'm just not that kind of a guy. I'm just saying fuck you because it's such a great way to end an argument, not because I'd ever mean anything by it."?

Think about it.

by serendipityisabitch on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 02:14:33 AM PDT

•  Right. (0+ / 0-)

Because every guy I've flipped the bird at or said 'fuck you' to was a threat of rape.

How pathetic, like accusing all men of being rapists at heart isn't enough, you want to play pedantic and dishonest games with generic insults?

Done with speaking to you, for sure.

by Rick Aucoin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 04:04:55 AM PDT

•  Why so angry? (1+ / 0-)
            serendipityisabitch

Seriously, why are you reacting so strongly?

Is there some personal issue involving this that you are thinking about?

They idea is to get people thinking about things, and how it is from the point of view of others.

by splashy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 11:46:52 AM PDT

•  According to the Numbers Posted Above by Kyril (0+ / 0-)

4% of the men in the study were serial rapists with an average of 7 offenses.  Collectively this accounts for assaults against 28% of women, or close to the one in three that you cite.

So that one man in twenty five is the problem.  Is that "just a handful of bad apples?"  Of course not, especially as that phrase is generally used to sweep the problem under the rug.  It does, however, caution against tarring all men as potential rapists.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies have nothing to lose but their chains -Marx (-8.75,-8.36)

by alain2112 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 11:03:13 PM PDT

• Rescued (17)
  • Economy (17)
  • Science (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Texas (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site