View Diary: If you have an almost uncontrollable urge to fix flawed logic, then your brain is doing its job. (20 comments)

•  WHAT??!! No, Never, ABSOLUTELY NOT (4+ / 0-)
    Simple happiness tip: always ignore the recommended serving size, dosage, or whatever.
    I hate when my family takes more than the recommended dosage of Advil. If it says take ONE, then take ONE every 4-6 hours. If they thought taking 2 was okay it would say so on the bottle.

"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions.” --Lord Vetinari

by voracious on Fri Jun 21, 2013 at 10:52:28 PM PDT

•  you obviously haven't taken... (6+ / 0-)

5 times as many percocet then the bottle says you could along with a really potent edible and had sex with more than the recommended dosage of strippers. It's a wonderful way to spend 6 hours.

I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.

by jbou on Fri Jun 21, 2013 at 11:01:50 PM PDT

•  Liver failure hurts like a motherfucker. (2+ / 0-)
        splashy, jbou

Any combo drug that includes acetaminophen (Percocet, Vicodin, Tylenol 3), be careful of the total per 24 hours. Alcohol challenges the liver in the same way, so acetaminophen overdose + booze = slow horrible death.

The tylenol in them will kill you more surely and more painfully than the synthetic codeine will. Nothing harshes the mellow more than the rats-chewing-through-your-ribs sensation of liver failure.

•  Me without sleep is bad. Me without sleep (6+ / 0-)

and only one Advil is worse.

Back off!

Ok, so I read the polls.

by andgarden on Fri Jun 21, 2013 at 11:17:46 PM PDT

•  The fact that you are technically, medically and (2+ / 0-)
      fugwb, jbou

(probably) legally correct will not stop jbou (and a few others) from making the case for excess.  Just remember, these are instructions for happiness, not good health! :-)

Some is good.  More is better.  Too much is just right.

Marti

We cannot call ourselves a civilised society if we refuse to protect the weakest among us.

by The Marti on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 07:38:34 AM PDT

•  So, I worked with this guy (1+ / 0-)
        jbou

that always felt the need to share every personal detail in his life with everyone and anyone who would listen. He reminded me of very cocky Barney Fife. So, he's telling us about shooting his pecker up to give himself a boner. He said he thought he'd try a little extra. "Man, I wore the wife out last night!" he says. Then he says his pecker wouldn't go down and it started to hurt. We asked him what happened.
        "Oh" he says, "I put on a pair of gym trunks and went to the mall and walked around."

No shit, true story....

"If fighting for a more equal and equitable distribution of the wealth of this country is socialistic, I stand guilty of being a socialist." Walter Reuther

by fugwb on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 12:41:40 PM PDT

•  "very cocky Barney Fife" (1+ / 0-)
          jbou

I just saw that. No pun intended!

Oh, I might add. He is a very fucked-up little republican....I guess his pecker is the only thing he wants to share with people. Like most repubs....

by fugwb on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 12:45:48 PM PDT