View Diary: Obama was handed to us - time to face facts folks (287 comments)

•  whuuuut? (0+ / 0-)

bullshit, "firebaggers" didn't enter the lexicon until Jane Hamshire pushed her kill-the-bill program.  January 2010?

I'm pretty sure "obamabot" was drawing HRs prior to the 2008 election.

Nice try revising history though.

Our snoops are not legally authorized to snoop without legal authorization. Of course, if they were legally authorized to snoop without legal authorization, that would constitute legal authorization. Do you feel better yet?

by happymisanthropy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 11:21:13 AM PDT

•  "I'm pretty sure" does not rise to "history" (2+ / 0-)
      second gen, Mets102

If you are not sure of your opinion, then it's not rich to allude to it as fact, hmm?

•  What is this shit? (0+ / 0-)

Seriously, what the fuck is your point? There isn't an iota of truth in the comment I replied to, and yet you're pretending that because I don't have the links at my fingertips you can go on acting as though there wasn't a single HR thrown in the Rox/Sux wars prior to 2010?

That's all I'm saying.  The comment I replied to made a specific factual claim which, if the Daily Kos search function worked, I could prove to be a damned lie.

And what the fuck is your point?  Do you hate critics more than you hate lies?

by happymisanthropy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 11:42:38 AM PDT

•  Well, considering that TooFolkGR and I are (1+ / 0-)
      Quicklund

the ones who, simultaneously and coincidentally, in the same diary, originally coined the term "Firebaggers", I hardly think you giving me a link to "Urban Dictionary" means dick.

I do agree with your profile, though. :)

HAND

I'd like to start a new meme: "No means no" is a misnomer. It should be "Only 'Yes' means yes." Just because someone doesn't say "No" doesn't mean they've given consent. If she didn't say "Yes", there is no consent.

by second gen on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 11:52:35 AM PDT

•  Addendum: "Firebaggers" didn't come about (2+ / 0-)

merely because of the Kill the Bill program, per se. It came about when Hamsher and her crew decided that teaming up with Grover Norquist was a great idea, and the rest of us just thought it made them Teabaggers who gathered at Firedoglake. Hence the name.

by second gen on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 11:59:34 AM PDT

•  Then you sure as fuck (0+ / 0-)

knew that it postdated the election of 2008, when people were HRed for calling Obama supporters cultists.

What's your excuse for pretending otherwise?

by happymisanthropy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 12:41:48 PM PDT

•  It was not site policy to HR "Obamabot", "cultist" (0+ / 0-)

etc, until after the site had yet another Sux/Rox meltdown, well after the first Obama election.

Pleasant little feller, aren't ya?

by second gen on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 01:14:39 PM PDT

•  How many of those meltdowns (0+ / 0-)

do you personally want to take credit for?  I'd be willing to let you have them all.

by happymisanthropy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 01:47:40 PM PDT

• Labor (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • Texas (16)
  • Media (16)
  • Environment (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site