View Diary: "They Like Sticking It To The United States" (330 comments)

•  Yes, (3+ / 0-)
    freakofsociety, Woodrow Stool, Fogiv

therefore Obama is worse than George W. Bush, right?

If I disagree does that mean I love the NSA?

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. Barack Obama

by delphine on Sun Jul 07, 2013 at 03:24:02 PM PDT

•  If you can't argue in good faith (2+ / 0-)
      LieparDestin, 4kedtongue

Don't argue at all.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sun Jul 07, 2013 at 03:59:28 PM PDT

•  Kovie, with all due respect, you have not argued (2+ / 0-)
        freakofsociety, Fogiv

in good faith in quite some time.

In the time it took Adam Lanza to reload, eleven children escaped. What if...

by Sixty Something on Sun Jul 07, 2013 at 05:11:08 PM PDT

•  You obviously (0+ / 0-)

have not been paying attention.

Almost invariably, in response to any question of Snowden, I and many others have been accused of not caring about NSA data gathering, of being an Obama-bot, blah blah ad infinitum, and I shouldn't even have to explain this, since it's so prevalent.

Almost invariably, if I'm not willing to totally trash Obama, again, I am an Obama-bot, ignorant, partisan, and oh, I don't care about NSA data gathering and/or I'm an Obama/NSA apologist.

Then there is the repeated refrain of how Nixon was "impeached for less" than Obama has done, which is patently false on its face.

So yeah, I am arguing in good faith.

Good faith based on the myriad ways I've been trashed here myself as some sort of ignorant apologist because I insist on seeing this in a nuanced way and thinking for myself.

by delphine on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 06:24:00 AM PDT

•  Oh irony (0+ / 0-)

You claim that people are claiming that Obama is worse than Bush and then complain about how people are lying about you. Talk about chutzpah.

Obama IS worse than Bush in certain ways, e.g. drones, targeted killings, NSA spying, etc., but he is not "worse" than Bush in total. Not being willing to acknowledge this subtlety is why you're not arguing in good faith.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 07:02:49 AM PDT

•  Ridiculous (0+ / 0-)

People HAVE said that Obama is worse than Bush AND that he is worse than Nixon.  In the past few days.

Plus I never said anyone was lying about me.  I did post that someone called me a liar, but I never posted that anyone was lying about me.

Wow, how is Obama worse than Bush when it comes to drones, targeted killings, and NSA spying?

Do you think that Obama invented these?  NSA spying started under Bush.

In a zillion diaries where no one is allowed to criticize Snowden in any way without being attacked for trying to destroy his credibility so I don't have to admit St. Obama is in error and/or because I want to remain ignorant of NSA data grab and/or because I SUPPORT the NSA data grab,

someone has the nerve to say that I am the one who can't acknowledge the subtlety.

Big irony.  Huge.

by delphine on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM PDT

•  He is worse on these issues (1+ / 0-)
              4kedtongue

because he's intensified each of them. Do you view this as better? And people say lots of things about lots of people, some of it quite silly. Hell, there are people here who've called Obama the best president ever. But none of the people you're arguing with, including me, has ever said that Obama is on the whole worse than Bush. Even Greenwald the Evil Obama Hater has never said that. If you insist on arguing via impressions, I'm not interested.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 02:13:06 PM PDT

•  I'm glad you have someone (0+ / 0-)

to rec you up, even if everything you say is complete hooey and the height of irony.

No one's arguing via impressions.  You seem to have grabbed onto something that doesn't exist and are very glib about repeating it.

So happy for you!!

You're still wrong, though.

by delphine on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 07:22:28 PM PDT

•  You're a defender, I get it (0+ / 0-)

It's based on wishful thinking and I suppose ego, but I get it. But don't try to tell me how things are and are not. You're not very good at that end of things.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

• Health Care (21)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Barack Obama (20)
  • Republicans (18)
  • International (18)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site