View Diary: "They Like Sticking It To The United States" (330 comments)

•  and as someone that knows a little something (0+ / 0-)

about the history of Central and South America I can tell you I don't find it ham handed.

At some point you can't blame history for where you are and who you choose to allow to represent you. And frankly I think we are well past that point.

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 11:14:14 AM PDT

•  Wow! That's one of THE most callous, (1+ / 0-)
      DeadHead

...indifferent comments I have read regarding the actual history of Central and South America and the actual exploitation and barbarity we have repeatedly inflicted upon those nations.

I completely understand your point of view, and I categorically denounce it.  You started this thread in an insulting manner, and you have managed to sink even lower in my esteem.  I don't expect that to bother you in the least, but I don't think that continuing this exchange will serve any purpose.

If you care to have the last word, I gladly give you the floor.  There will be no reply.

all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

by 4kedtongue on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 11:22:40 AM PDT

•  don't pretend you know me (0+ / 0-)

You don't and don't pretend you can understand enough about my opinions on Central or South America in a couple of comments to even have half a clue whether I am callous or not.

You objected to a senator who while on the whole I wish he had kept his mouth shut raised some very valid points.

You are the one that choose to get insulting by attacking my character and my knowledge. And now you are switching to passive by claiming to be the victim.

I don't like dealing with passive aggressive people so yes  this 'exchange' is probably not serving much purpose.

You have a good day

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 11:41:14 AM PDT

•  Wrong. YOU chose to initiate the insults (1+ / 0-)
          4kedtongue

Here's your initial comment, since you seem to have forgotten the sequence of events:

you must not read a lot of news about South

America cause then you would know that in fact most of those nations love to 'stick it to the US' (to use the words offered) by either acting tough on to the US or offering the US as a scape goat.

Really I am amazed by the naivety being expressed that the United States would even dare express their displeasure.

Have you ever taken a history class? This is like basic nations relations 101. Any nation accepting Snowden shouldn't expect the United States to be pleasantly disposed to it any more then when any other wanted fugitive flees to a country offering to hide them.

This is about as much news as Snowden's 'omg the NSA is spying on other nations' "revalation"

You started things off with an asshole comment. Not that you'll acknowledge it.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 01:49:27 PM PDT

•  you think those are insults (0+ / 0-)

and yet you are okay with reccing comments calling me a troll?

You should just shut up you hypocrite.

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Mon Jul 08, 2013 at 02:15:33 PM PDT

•  Yes (1+ / 0-)
              4kedtongue

Because in both instances it's the truth. That hardly makes me a hypocrite. In fact, it makes me rather consistent.

~ Jerry Garcia