View Diary: Emergency Request - Vet in Trouble - Air Miles needed (58 comments)

•  It sounds like it would be cheaper to buy a (5+ / 0-)

ticket than to buy miles to donate am I right?

Ticket = $500
    27,000 miles for $972

So unless someone has miles for free to donate money would be best?

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature. If I had Bill Gates money, I'd buy Detroit.

by ZenTrainer on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 08:22:21 PM PDT

•  I thought that llbear already had some miles (3+ / 0-)
      llbear, ZenTrainer, Vetwife

in his account, so we wouldn't have to purchase the entire 27k.

"If you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing!" (on a sign at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans)

by ranger995 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02:22 PM PDT

•  Ranger, I had some miles left (4+ / 0-)

but I was hoping that those with lots and lots of air miles would contribute. Zen Trainer is right. It is cheaper to just buy the ticket. What we have here is a live and learn situation. Thank you for your help. I really mean that.

Those who fought the war in Afghanistan won it. Get them out of Afghanistan NOW . . . It's long past time. The time has come to repair this country and care for its' veterans.

by llbear on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 08:47:10 AM PDT

•  Oh sorry. Do you still need some money? (4+ / 0-)
          ZenTrainer, llbear, Gordon20024, Vetwife

I can give you some cash if it will help.

I hope it's not too late.

Thanks for doing the things you do for veterans.

by ranger995 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 08:49:50 AM PDT

•  Look, you've already done more than most. (3+ / 0-)
            ranger995, Gordon20024, Vetwife

It's greatly appreciated. Save your money for someone else - like yourself.

I am going to put up another diary in an hour. We'll raise it.

by llbear on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 09:17:58 AM PDT

•  If anyone on this site can understand this, it is (3+ / 0-)
              llbear, Gordon20024, Vetwife

you. Helping this guy out IS using my money for myself.

I'll look for your new diary.

Oh, and if those miles I purchased help you to fly somewhere, that's cool with me. I don't care if you use them to go on vacation in the Bahamas or something. You deserve it.

by ranger995 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 09:34:55 AM PDT

•  Thank you - but they will be used only to help (3+ / 0-)
                ranger995, Gordon20024, Vetwife

another Veteran. Whenever I raise money, ALL of it goes for the intended purpose. I believe I owe it to you to use your gift only for the purpose intended.

by llbear on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 10:25:41 AM PDT

•  That is true llbear BUT ranger is just (1+ / 0-)
                  ranger995

trying to replace your orginial sky miles. ....You know and I know you know that we tend to do ourselves in doing all this advocacy....... so replace your sky miles for whatever reason and you bust my butt all the time for giving OUT...So hush !   ( lol)

Ranger I am so touched by your generous gesture and so is llbear but he is one grouchy bear when he thinks  it doesn't hurt to fly all over the US to help vets and that is exactly what he does !!!!!

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 02:07:33 PM PDT