View Diary: IAN:That's Entertainment (69 comments)

•  Let me count the ways... (7+ / 0-)

that I hate my health insurance company.  I was awakened by a call for a debt that I do not owe because my insurance co. (BC/BS) will not recognize my change of physicians without me calling them directly.  My old dr. was a $40 co-pay.  The new one is $20.  Rather than see who the charge comes from, the co. charges according to who I went to before.  Then the big group to which the nes doctor belongs says I owe them another twenty dollars, simply because the ins. co. says I do.  It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, but...

Anyway, I was sleeping SO GOOD and now I'm awake and pi$$ed off.  I'll get over it but not just yet.  :-)

-7.62, -7.28 "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes

by luckylizard on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 07:35:33 AM PDT

•  I was going to let LL's comment pass, (8+ / 0-)

but the more I thought about, the madder I got!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE MORONS that they will spend hundreds of dollars harassing someone over a lousy $20 when the billing mistake is THEIRS???

I. DON'T. GET. IT.

Similar experience recently (not insurance) with Direct TV when they billed us for programming we didn't order or want. Emailed customer service, and they wrote back saying they couldn't help, we'd have to call them and talk to a human to cancel the program WE DIDN'T ORDER.

So guess what happened when we tried that? PUT ON HOLD. Mr. C got so furious, he sent them a registered letter saying he had written the State Atty. General. Almost immediately we received an apology by email and by snail mail, saying it would never happen again, and blaming the computer system for their error. Yeah, right. Wonder how many folks just let it ride and pay the extra $$$$ ?

Since they make such a big deal of this kind of crap, I'd just cut to the chase & tell the insurer I'm contacting the State Insurance Commission to file a complaint, and I'll be mentioning the names of people I've spoken with about it. There's always a bigger fish they're afraid of.

Let THEM lose sleep over it.  Idiots!!!

Whew! Now I need a nap. :)

•  ^^^^^YES. CG is right. Do it =) (7+ / 0-)

"...Males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes.” —Newt Gingrich in 1995

by BadKitties on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 10:06:36 AM PDT

•  but REMEMBER, to do this effectively, YOU have to (5+ / 0-)
          FloridaSNMOM, broths, Kit RMP, weck, cactusgal

remember to take names, dates and times of all phone calls & e-mails, before things deteriorate, so you have the WHOLE trail of stupidity to threaten them with!

keeping e-mails is fairly easy, it's a little harder to do the names of who you talked to and when, but I find making notes ON their stupid bills & invoices (which you have in front of you while you're calling, and of course you're keeping until things are straightened out, and beyond!) works fairly well.

we don't currently have medical insurance, so it doesn't come up a lot in that area, but we do a lot of bill-paying and shopping over Teh Tubez, so it does come up occasionally.

"real" work : a job where you wash your hands BEFORE you use the bathroom...

by chimene on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 12:49:22 PM PDT

•  I'd forgotten about the AG. (5+ / 0-)
        FloridaSNMOM, broths, Kit RMP, weck, cactusgal

That may be what I'll end up doing.  This is all so odd.  The charges come from one doctor and are processed as being from another.   Too weird.

by luckylizard on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 12:44:34 PM PDT

•  Chimene gives excellent advice, LL! (2+ / 0-)
          Kit RMP, luckylizard

Any time you speak with anyone about this matter, have a notebook and pen, and write down the date, time and the name (full name) of whomever you're speaking with and their phone # and extension.

If they jack you around, ask to speak with their supervisor, and repeat the above.

Here's something else to consider. Many physicians have turned their office management and billing over to organizations that are incompetent. (Mr. C's internist is a good example of this-he's a great doctor, but the company that handles his schedule & billing is a hotbed of morons.) Your problem could very well be the result of the billing people screwing up.

But the bottom line is that this is all over TWENTY BUCKS. It's disgraceful!

Please let us know how this goes, and try not to worry about it!

•  There was a recent flap (1+ / 0-)
            Kit RMP

about our regional health care facility having patient records hacked.  They use another company for their records and the security wasn't what it should be.  Maybe they have the same or similar folks doing their books, though the caller ID was the facilities' own name and number.

It wouldn't surprise me to know that the clinic billing and the insurance co. computers have a glitch like this.  I truly wish I could find a physician around here who is NOT joined at the hip with this bunch, but there are very few independent docs now.  :-(

by luckylizard on Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 10:01:07 AM PDT

•  Good morning ll. (8+ / 0-)

Didn't life used to be easier?   Everything now is a major deal.   Good luck dealing with them.

Hope your day ends better than it started.

I am a work in progress. Still.

by broths on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 08:15:41 AM PDT

•  At least it used to be (4+ / 0-)
        FloridaSNMOM, broths, Kit RMP, weck

that when you went to a physician and they billed the ins. co. the charges were counted as from that doctor.

The day has progressed a little better, so maybe things are looking up.  :-)

by luckylizard on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 12:43:03 PM PDT