View Diary: A different world had it been President Gore (230 comments)

•  Humphrey was a coward and got what he deserved (1+ / 0-)
    CA Nana

Purist? Right. I'm in good company.

Vietnam was another invasion based on fraudulent claim. Look up Gulf if Tonkin. Old Hubert went right along with the lies and the crimes until it no longer fit his agenda.

Your talk of purity rings hollow when one remembers the over 2 million dead Vietnamese and over 60,000 dead American soldiers. Not to mention the Vietnamese victims of US bombing and pacification programs and the veterans who suffered as a result of their tours in Vietnam.

Ah I worked against Lyndon and Hubert and I am proud I did. If I had it to do again I would work harder against those two.

I voted Peace and Freedom in 68 and I don't have any regrets about that either.

A proud member of the Professional Left since 1967.

by slatsg on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 07:13:59 PM PDT

•  Some people never learn. (2+ / 0-)
      Vetwife, cal2010

Given another chance, they'll give us another Bush.

GOP: Bankers, billionaires, suckers, and dupes.

by gzodik on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 08:23:03 PM PDT

•  If the Democratic politicians would stop (2+ / 0-)
        Roadbed Guy, Pescadero Bill

being weasels and cowards we wouldn't need to worry about another Bush.

Humphrey earned hs defeat. And so did Kerry, Edwards and Hillary Clinton who placed political expediency above personal courage when they voted for AUMF that gave Bush the green light to invade Iraq. None of hem will ever become POTUS nor do they deserve to be. Chickens coming home to roost.

A proud member of the Professional Left since 1967.

by slatsg on Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 08:34:06 PM PDT

•  Maybe if some weren't so naive (1+ / 0-)
          Vetwife

about war and peace, we wouldn't have to constantly go thru such extremes.

•  Just exactly who is naive? (0+ / 0-)

The choice was rather obvious regarding the invasion of Iraq. I was able to discover, without too much effort, the dishonesty in the Bush allegations. If Hillary, Kerry and Edwards couldn't, they really are not intelligent enough to be the POTUS.

If they did know about Bush's duplicity, which I suspect is true, then they were choosing political expediency that cost the lives of hundreds of thousands. In that case they are accomplices in Bush's war crimes.

A proud member of the Professional Left since 1967.

by slatsg on Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 04:40:31 PM PDT

•  Thanks for Nixon. (0+ / 0-)

That sure was a good move.

by sidnora on Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 10:07:08 AM PDT

•  You can use that BS nonsense as much as you want (0+ / 0-)

It doesn't bother me at all.

If you can live with he millions who died because of the Johnson/Humphrey war, go for it.

I chose to work against those who waged the war. You appear to have supported the war. So be it.

A proud member of the Professional Left since 1967.

by slatsg on Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 04:32:03 PM PDT