View Diary: OPEN THREAD w Poll – “Weapons in Case of Confrontation” (28 comments)

•  That's interesting - I did not know (4+ / 0-)

Is our question then about whether the first drafts matter more than the order of the finished draft reconciled by the House and Senate?

"They did not succeed in taking away our voice" - Angelique Kidjo - Opening the Lightning In a Bottle concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York City - 2003

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 01:46:19 PM PDT

•  Your question should be: (4+ / 0-)
      LilithGardener, Kasoru, oldpunk, notrouble

Do the Rights embodied in the Bill of Rights, pertain first and foremost to Freemen, usually white men; and then on down the line until male persons of color, then eventually women, have a voice, a right, a vote?

As each Amendment enfranchised more of the American populace, albeit in order of ratification, thus in order of importance.

Or is that all patent bullshit, and you have equal say and equal right, to any man, of any color, in these United States?

I know my answer.

The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.” ~ Joseph Heller, Catch-22

by 43north on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 02:47:50 PM PDT

•  Interesting that you mention patents (3+ / 0-)
        coquiero, poco, 43north

Patent rights are in the constitution, and are heavily regulated. If you think gun law is complicated the rulebook for our government to grant a property right in exchange for innovation is 4000 pages!

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 02:54:04 PM PDT

•  Smart alec, I know, but I couldn't resist (2+ / 0-)
        coquiero, poco

That's a compelling summary right, 44North.

We certainly don't enjoy equal access under the law, equal right vote, equal freedom to be free from spurious search and seizure. One of the disturbing aspects of the mortgage mess is the systematic erosion of complete chain of custody in title to land.

Frightening mess.

by LilithGardener on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 02:56:48 PM PDT

•  I was 44North (2+ / 0-)
          LilithGardener, KVoimakas

when I lived in Maine.  I've slipped a bit in old age.

by 43north on Sat Sep 07, 2013 at 05:05:13 AM PDT

•  LOL (1+ / 0-)
            KVoimakas

I was an excellent map reader when I was in the military. But my proof reading skills seem to be a little ahem short of a certain standard when it comes to pressing "post."

Preview is my [neglected] friend!

by LilithGardener on Sat Sep 07, 2013 at 05:34:40 AM PDT