View Diary: It's Impolite to Talk About Religion, Politics....and Health Insurance?! (95 comments)

•  Right here: (18+ / 0-)
    “What I did to you is what this administration and congress did to you with the health care legislation. I easily suckered you in and then revealed the real cost of the bargain. Your folly was in the belief that you can have something you did not earn, and for that which you did not earn, you willingly allowed someone else to think for you. Your failure to research, study and inform yourself permitted reason to escape you. You have entered into a trap from which you cannot flee. Your only chance of freedom is if your new Master gives it to you. A freedom that is given can also be taken away. Therefore, it is not freedom at all.”
    Is where it all falls apart.

The recipients didn't have a vote, Congress did. Congress had the Bill, in all of its detail ... indeed they complained that there was too much detail. Congress signed a contract that they had every word of, in advance.

Now if this story replaced ObamaCare with Scott Walker, then it would make an excellent point. He was not elected to do what he is doing, because he never mentioned ANY of it during his campaign. He campaigned on creating jobs in Wisconsin ... What he has done is destroy them instead.

If I missed the point of the story, let me know.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
    but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 05:46:43 AM PDT

•  AND the insurance companies NOW have the key... (11+ / 0-)

That's the part that kills me. Insurance companies are making the life and death decisions for us right now!! No the AHCA does not solve all of this...and no there is no freedom. But I would rather have the government have control of "my health care house" than "the free market insurance companies". Were we all suckered? Nope most of us knew better but we also knew that getting at least some protection...some control over the key holder was better than none at all. Sharing the power better than one entity have complete power.

•  That was always the answer (17+ / 0-)

to the ridiculous "death panel" meme.

The insurance companies have been determining the treatment available since forever. They have been operating "death panels" ever since the system began, something that Universal Healthcare would end.

There may have to be some limits to treatments, but they would be transparent, and we would be able to discuss them and vote accordingly.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
        but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?

by twigg on Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 06:22:33 AM PDT

•  Insurers have a lot of control, still (3+ / 0-)
        True North, ColoTim, sillycarrot

There are indications in California that some insurers will restrict the range of their networks for new subscribers (under Obamacare), as a cost-savings measure. You'll have insurance, but if you want to see the doctor you are accustomed to, you may find out they are "out of network" now. This is not something the law proscribes.

•  There have always been networks (0+ / 0-)

but if your provider isn't on the one your insurer has you can ask him/her to apply to be on their panel.

Most doctors will do that.

One of the things the panel system does is greatly limit the amount of fraud — by providers. The amount of fraud in Medicare and Medicaid is/was staggering but the Obama administration is working on eliminating it — as much as possible.

So a lot of the "limited panels" and some denials are FRAUD saving measures.

I'm asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... *I'm asking you to believe in yours.* Barack Obama

by samddobermann on Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 02:24:36 PM PDT

•  It's all bullshit. (5+ / 0-)
      twigg, True North, eru, ColoTim, JerryNA

I find it hilarious that you were able to point out where a complete and utterly false story falls apart!  There's not a single bit of truth in it, but this is even better.  Thanks!

The priest said, "Today's sermon is called 'Liars', but first I have a question. How many of you have read Chapter 66 in Matthew?" Nearly every hand went up. "You're just the group I need to speak to," the priest said. "There's no such chapter."

by Back In Blue on Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 07:46:03 AM PDT

•  The really amusing bit (4+ / 0-)

is that if you reverse it, and insert "Electing Republicans" in place of "ObamaCare", it works beautifully.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
        but I fear we will remain Democrats.

Who is twigg?