View Diary: Watch Me Own a Troll, Jedi Style [BREAKING Update: New Troll Owning in Progress] (97 comments)

•  Thanks for your kind words about the book. (2+ / 0-)
    tmservo433, churchylafemme

I would love to do audio -- demand dictates whether that will happen. Highly unlikely.

"If the Jew who struggles for justice for Palestine is considered anti-Semitic, & if Palestinians seeking self-determination are so accused...then no oppositional move can take place w/o risking the accusation." - Judith Butler

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 05:54:16 PM PDT

•  Well, I kicked in my $ (2+ / 0-)

And recommended it on.  Really, as another writer going through the editing process now, my hat is off to you.

Gandhi's Seven Sins: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Commerce without morality; Science without humanity; Worship without sacrifice; Politics without principle

by Chris Reeves on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 05:57:34 PM PDT

•  Thanks so much. (1+ / 0-)
        tmservo433

What are you working on?

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 06:25:24 PM PDT

•  A book of short stories. (1+ / 0-)
          David Harris Gershon

I've been turning them in, and so far it has gone -very- well, though my drafts are rough.   There are two chapters the publisher I have really liked a lot.   We'll see.

It's not comparable in weight, considering I'm mostly dealing with just, well, life stuff.  But they like it so far... we jokingly think of it as an R-rated Lake Wobegon Days.

by Chris Reeves on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 06:33:28 PM PDT

•  I love short fiction. (0+ / 0-)

Who's the publisher, if I may ask?

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 06:38:56 PM PDT

•  I have a friend (1+ / 0-)
              David Harris Gershon

With a sublabel under Random House.   It won't be an RH, but one of the micro-labels.   Work in Progress.  Some of it is quite funny, I keep meaning to post a chapter or two for criticism, but you can't give it all away you know ;)

by Chris Reeves on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 07:58:48 PM PDT

•  I'd love to see some if you'd like to share. (1+ / 0-)
                tmservo433

by David Harris Gershon on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 08:36:44 PM PDT

•  I cut & pasted (0+ / 0-)

Two of the chapters they "liked".. don't snicker; your writing fantastically eloquent and deep, and I'm aiming for.. well, more folksy/funny yarns

by Chris Reeves on Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 10:45:17 PM PDT

• Texas (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Environment (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • 2016 (16)
  • Media (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site