View Diary: Republicans losing today isn't enough. Let's punish them at ballot box (159 comments)

•  Tbere is no calming down for this (7+ / 0-)

Schumer needs, seriously, to STFU, NOW. And so does Pelosi and whoever else is mouthing the lines for austerity.

Well, unless they don't want to win next year. WTF is wrong with this picture? What price did Dems just pay, that they're mouthing all this backstabbing bullshit for Andrea Mitchell? I'm with Greenbell, they haven't even gotten a final vote on The Deal we're all jumping for joy over, and they're back to stroking Simpson-Bowles? Uh, how about NO?

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 10:49:40 AM PDT

•  Yes. There is and anyway (8+ / 0-)

I'm sick of thread hijackers screaming the sky is falling.  Start your own thread for this.

We are about trying to elect more Democrats to neutralize this situation.

•  I'm all for it and this IS RELEVANT (6+ / 0-)

because if you start seeing Dem leadership sucking up to austerity again, we are not going to get the turnout we need.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 10:54:45 AM PDT

•  Fine. Go write your own blog about it then. (2+ / 0-)
          jan4insight, Tim D M
          •  Fine? (4+ / 0-)
            Dburn, greenbell, JVolvo, Calamity Jean

When it's relevant, all you got is Fine, Go Write Your Own Blog?

I thought you wanted to elect more Dems?

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 11:22:43 AM PDT

•  Yes I do, but I can do without (0+ / 0-)

the sky is falling on SS group in this diary.

•  Well it's (2+ / 0-)
                greenbell, JVolvo

a good thing it isn't all about you!  You're entitled to your opinion that it's all "the sky is falling" to note that the leadership is opening their mouth on this shit at a really bad time, and I'm entitled to tell you that in my opinion, you're dead wrong.

These austerians seriously need to shut the fuck up so we can WIN. What are you doing to help shut them up? I'd like to elect more and better Democrats, too, but when these mealy-mouthed platitudes supporting austerity getting in the way, coming from a guy in a position that Chuck Schumer is in, I'm having a real hard time seeing how that's done.

I am tired--damned sick and TIRED--of fighting this ridiculous, unnecessary uphill battle against someone who is supposed to be on my side.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 11:34:00 AM PDT

•  Keep it all "Light and Airy" (2+ / 0-)
                lunachickie, JVolvo

Absolutely nothing can go wrong now. Isn't that right SM?

“ Success has a great tendency to conceal and throw a veil over the evil of men. ” — Demosthenes

by Dburn on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 11:36:21 AM PDT

•  Seriously (4+ / 0-)
                  Dburn, greenbell, JVolvo, Calamity Jean

it's not even like this diary is all light and airy. Kos is fired up.

I'm taking that and running with it, with one serious caveat--the austerity talk is unacceptable, and it most assuredly needs to stop coming from Democratic leaders if we are to stay ahead of everything we've gained these last few weeks and take this momentum into the mid-terms.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 11:46:47 AM PDT

•  I understand and agree (2+ / 0-)
                    lunachickie, JVolvo

You know what I'm really concerned about is the assumption that this thing is over. I can't find one place that shows the Boehner has the votes , even with the Dems.

Recall last time 7 Dems voted against a key bill for this shutdown .

I also recall Eric Cantor being designated as the sole "decider" of what bill goes to the floor.

I haven't heard anyone address that. Maybe someone has but until I see it , I'm not that quick to call this thing over with.

Right now ever single blue dog democrat and GOP member is getting calls from the Tea party.

Until we see everyone signing off on it, I wouldn't be in such a hurry to start the dance. Right now people are reading the responses from here and other places:  "throw them an anchor, kill the repubs". It's a simple matter to print them and send them to the GOP list server.

You know what would happen if the vote failed in the house? Pure hell.

by Dburn on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 12:11:29 PM PDT

•  Something (3+ / 0-)
                      JVolvo, Dburn, Calamity Jean

I'm not even letting myself think about.

Do you know what would happen if the vote failed in the house?

Of course, it might explain, even in a roundabout way, a lot of certain parties' lip service on MSNBC with Mrs. Greenspan today.  I hope for everyone's sake that's all it was, was lip service.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 12:17:51 PM PDT

•  Don't harsh the "TeaParty and RePugs DESTROYED!1" (0+ / 0-)

buzz the faithful have going here luna.

The victory has been proclaimed.  2014 is won.

Chill, Team Blue's got this.

As of 9pm 8/30/13: RETIRED Pie Warrior. Substance over Sh*t Flinging (as best as I am able) ~ JV

by JVolvo on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 01:08:09 PM PDT

•  Why not? (2+ / 0-)
                JVolvo, Calamity Jean

The faithful's Party Leadership harshed mine when they chose to start sucking up to austerity. Again.

Team Blue doesn't Have This unless the Grand Bargain talk stops and said Bargain legislation--or anything resembling it--dies and stays dead. Under that name or any other.

This all started with "what the Republicans did to language".

by lunachickie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 at 01:23:55 PM PDT

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site