View Diary: Democracy Works...in Afghanistan! (181 comments)

•  Wow, I frankly don't (4+ / 0-)
    doroma, AnnetteK, Eyesbright, kalmoth

give a shite whether he stays or leaves.  I don't find his work that intelligent.  But when someone calls other members here fascists and then whinges about it, then I feel, as a member of the community, I have a right to respond.

As I've said -- if Ted Rall is in some special protected class where only his fan club can comment, please let me know.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 12:36:33 PM PDT

•  Shall we remind you of that next time "Paulite" (8+ / 0-)

is used as an insult? Or have you NEVER either tipped or failed to HR such a vile insult? If so, your sanctimony is warranted. If not. Not.

"Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

by Kombema on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 12:51:25 PM PDT

•  Sure -- remind me when (4+ / 0-)
        doroma, AnnetteK, Eyesbright, kalmoth

it happens -- except, if someone is spewing Paulisms I probably will have no problem with the term being utilized.  When you are able to link to an actual fascist on this site, I'd be thrilled.  You clearly don't mind the term thrown around because it has lost most of its meaning for you.

by gchaucer2 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 12:55:55 PM PDT

•  Witness the misguided Merriam Webster, who (7+ / 0-)

(which) clearly doesn't know crap-all about word meaning and evolution.

fas·cism
          noun ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-\

: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government

: very harsh control or authority

Ergo, per the second definition, lost of authoritarians on this site. You're welcome to quibble, but not authoritatively.

by Kombema on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 01:37:31 PM PDT

•  "lots"... (2+ / 0-)
            gooderservice, poligirl

by Kombema on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 01:38:13 PM PDT

•  And your point is? (1+ / 0-)
            kalmoth

by gchaucer2 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 03:08:14 PM PDT

•  ... obvious? You claimed the right to use "Paulist (2+ / 0-)
              corvo, poligirl

when you see what you think is Ron/Rand thinking, and the definition of "fascism" covers authoritarianism, not just political fascism a la Mussolini, old versions of Catholic Church, etc.

Thus, if anyone's being authoritarian, by your statement above, people here should be able to use the term "fascist" to apply to it, just as you reserve the right to blithely call people "Paulites" when then have an opinion that happens to overlap with one of the Pauls. Or are you reserving a double standard?

by Kombema on Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 03:56:31 PM PDT