View Diary: We can't win big if our people don't vote (267 comments)

•  It's a google doc embed (3+ / 0-)
    BlueJessamine, Sylv, Larsstephens

so if it doesn't display, it's on Google. It's the same code I used during the election to display poll aggregate results and other such data.

•  Error pane in Safari shows this: (1+ / 0-)
      Sylv

[Error] Refused to display 'https://accounts.google.com/... in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'DENY'. (about:blank, line 0)

"They let 'em vote, smoke, and drive -- even put 'em in pants! So what do you get? A -- a Democrat for President!" ~ Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

by craiger on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 12:36:40 PM PST

•  Moreover (0+ / 0-)

When I explicitly click on the link and then log into Google Docs with my own credentials, then I can see the image.

I think a browser that supports X-Frame-Options is going to block the attempt to embed the image.

by craiger on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 12:55:19 PM PST

•  I don't even see that link (1+ / 0-)
        cocinero

just a blank box -- and how many folks using a computer at the library have Google Docs? (I could probably get access through my Gmail but I don't want to be bothered, plus Dropbox works well for my personal use between my desktop computer and when my laptop works.)

by Cali Scribe on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 01:15:34 PM PST

•  This is not my forte, but... (0+ / 0-)

Yeah, to unearth the link, I put my browser in Developer mode and then enabled page rendering diagnostics in a separate window/pane. It's not optimal for your typical web surfer.

I don't really use Google Docs myself, but I have a Google account that I use for things like YouTube and Google Maps. Same credentials work for everything.

It reminds me of a while back how MSNBC video embeds didn't work with iframe or something. And how YouTube videos maybe aren't working right now unless you go edit the embed code to put back the missing http://.

Dammit, Jim, I'm a C programmer, not a web developer!

by craiger on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 01:27:37 PM PST

•  Works in Safari for me n/t (0+ / 0-)
    •  FYI not seeing it on my Android browser... (0+ / 0-)

"Tell the truth and run." -- Yugoslav proverb

by quill on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 12:39:24 PM PST

•  So it's not going to show (5+ / 0-)
      craiger, askew, Sylv, shaktidurga, cocinero

for a lot of users, evidently -- I'm on the latest version of Safari (6.1) and just seeing a blank box. There was another diary earlier in the week that had the same issue. If using Google Doc charts is going to become common practice, the site is going to become very sparse for many users.

by Cali Scribe on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 12:57:40 PM PST

•  Also checked Chrome (0+ / 0-)

and it doesn't show either -- also couldn't even open any diaries from Chrome because the mouse-over text gets in the way.

I've opened a discussion with the Help Desk (Browser Technical Issues) if anyone wants to chime in.

If this is happening across the board, casual browsers might be deterred from returning if they feel they're not getting all the necessary info.

by Cali Scribe on Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 01:13:19 PM PST

•  It showed for me in Chrome but not Firefox n/t (0+ / 0-)