Skip to main content

View Diary: Fed Court: Ministers now have to pay income tax on their "free housing" (323 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  from your own linked article (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Catte Nappe
    Under the law, these allowances are 100% taxable and must be reported in the minister's W-2 form as income.  With the exception of the housing allowance, there is no other section in the IRS code that allows churches to pay the minister any type of allowance to cover personal expenses and it be tax free.

    Politics is like driving. To go backward put it in R. To go forward put it in D.
    Drop by The Grieving Room on Monday nights for support in dealing with grief.

    by TrueBlueMajority on Sat Nov 23, 2013 at 10:13:17 AM PST

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site