View Diary: Handcuffed 17-year-old shot dead while in back of police car (99 comments)

•  I could do it. (5+ / 0-)
    pvasileff, patbahn, jalbert, NYFM, duhban

Retrieving a handgun and placing a shot to the head while in handcuffs is doable.

It depends on where the gun was stashed, what type of handcuffs were used, how tight the handcuffs were, whether buckled in, flexibility of suspect, etc.

But yes, it's very possible this happened.  You guys need more evidence before possibly tarnishing innocent people.

If the cops shot the kid, by all means, have at it.  But don't jump the gun.

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!"

by FoodChillinMFr on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 07:11:29 PM PST

•  I guess you should go to Vegas (1+ / 0-)
      caul

They are always looking for good magicians.

**Electing Republicans to the government is like hiring pyromaniacs as firemen. They all just want to see everything burn to the ground.**

by CatM on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 08:35:50 PM PST

•  Not double jointed. Not magic. But I can do it. (1+ / 0-)
        duhban

If I had the energy to make a YouTube video, I would.  I just bound my wrists behind my back, and used my kids toy gun stashed in my pants on the side.

It takes some flexibility and a little dexterity, but it's doable.

If the kid could get the gun in his hand the rest is fairly easy.
        Now, handcuffed from the front?  Piece of cake.

Is it really that hard to imagine?  Maybe I am a freak of nature.  Maybe I'm Gumby.  And, the magic ponies I own came here all by themselves.  I didn't summon them.

Vegas?  You interested?  Tell the thoughts in my head and I'll get back to you.

"So what if a guy threw a shoe at me!"

by FoodChillinMFr on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 09:13:36 PM PST

•  I have asperger's (2+ / 0-)
          caul, mint julep

Even if I were good at telling the thoughts in someone's head, doing so would not interest me.

I am double jointed. I don't think it is an easy task, especially when sitting down in the backseat of a moving vehicle. Let me know how that goes when you try it with your toy gun.

by CatM on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 10:41:07 PM PST

•  And just why the fuck would someone do this? (6+ / 0-)
      grover, caul, mint julep, shanikka, corvo, OldDragon

If they could get free of the cuffs and grab the gun, why use that advantage to commit suicide on the spot rather than get the jump on the cop?

I'm sorry, the story where the perp shoots themselves just makes infinitely less sense than the one about the cop covering his own ass. It may have happened before. Maybe. But come on. If anyone but a cop told that story, no cop would believe it.

Code Monkey like freedom / Code Monkey like peace and justice too
      Code Monkey very nerdy man / With big warm fuzzy bleeding heart
      Code Monkey like you!

Formerly known as Jyrinx.

by Code Monkey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 10:10:03 PM PST

•  Occam's Razor. (2+ / 0-)
        caul, Code Monkey

In cases like this, for some reason, we're always expected to be "reasonable" and accept a half dozen or more improbable assumptions to arrive at an illogical conclusion when a very logical one stares us right in the face.

As you said, no LEO would buy these implausible stories...