View Diary: Seriously, Florida. WTF? (283 comments)

•  Well... (0+ / 0-)

I'm not really all that sympathetic. Rick Scott DID win a majority of Florida's voters (the ones who bothered to get off of their asses and vote), many of whom are now paying the price for their bigoted beliefs.
    Florida gets what it deserves. They have a chance, but will they take it, or double-down with this balding dumbass thief? Texans are in just as deep and deserve what they get, as well.

•  Geez, thanks (3+ / 0-)

from the part of the state that didn't vote for Scott.  The plurality he won was due to a split electorate and a ton of dirty money.

If the Republicans ever find out that Barack Obama favors respiration, we'll be a one-party system inside two minutes. - Alan Lewis

by pholkiephred on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 04:18:14 PM PST

•  His mother appeared in tv ads (3+ / 0-)

She said "Ricky is a good boy."  I kid you not.  What a fucking scam artist he is.  OK, some Floridians were duped.

•  Some but a whole lot of them (4+ / 0-)

agree with him. I live on the panhandle and work in a bar. The ignorant, hateful, bigoted, assholish shit that comes from residents' mouths makes Scott look positively civilized.

~War is Peace~Freedom is Slavery~Ignorance is Strength~ George Orwell "1984"

by Kristina40 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 at 04:15:54 AM PST

•  Wow. That makes me shudder. I am a Florida (1+ / 0-)
          Kristina40

citizen near Gainesville. Now that I'm old I don't get out that much. It's horrible what you are putting up with if you have to listen to all that all the time. I know they are there but I mostly do not have to listen to them. Unless I make a mistake and ask  one of them a question about their beliefs.

That is a great Orwell banner there. You'd think the Republicans studied the book and took all their plays from it. Sheesh.

"extreme concentration of income is incompatible with real democracy.... the truth is that the whole nature of our society is at stake." Paul Krugman

by Gorette on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 07:43:39 AM PST

•  Actually he DIDN'T get a majority of the vote (3+ / 0-)

Rick Scott won the election with 48.87%

Alex Sink had 47.72% So they were VERY close.

The problem was that an Independent ran and so did 5 others with no party affiliation listed.

Personally I think Sink should have called for a recount. There were only just over 61,500 votes difference between the two.  Instead she conceded before all the counties were even in.

by FloridaSNMOM on Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 04:34:13 PM PST

•  Alex Sink ran a terrible campaign (2+ / 0-)
        FloridaSNMOM, raincrow

and she may be doing it again in my House District 13 where she really should beat Jolly the lobbyist hands down.   We'll know soon!

•  Isn't it hard to understand why Democrats do (0+ / 0-)

not put money and effort into developing and funding good candidates who can win state offices as well as the US Congressional ones? As a 12 year resident here I am truly mystified by their lack of excellent candidates.

by Gorette on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 07:45:39 AM PST

•  Well that is just Bull shit ! (1+ / 0-)
      FloridaSNMOM

I cannot find but one person who admits voting for the monster and that is Angela Corey who actively campaigned for him.  She and Pam Bondi.. I was in Georgia and no did not vote Nathan Deal either.   I love your compassion on the poor who cannot move... are being disenfranchised and you think we deserve it?  You are saying you can take on a Koch or Bush and win?
      I call bullshit and aren't you the lucky one with your perfect political answer.  I have no use for this kind of comment.  Gene Starwind what is it like to have no kind of personal problems from dictatorship?

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Tue Mar 04, 2014 at 04:30:17 AM PST

•  But. SO SO SO many millions voted AGAINST (0+ / 0-)

Scott. I'm one of them and feel that your comment is offensive. We who voted against him, worked against him, do not deserve this callous government. He poured all his millions into the race. Are we citizens who are Democrats in Florida to be condemned for that?

by Gorette on Wed Mar 05, 2014 at 07:39:16 AM PST