Skip to main content

View Diary: It's Not Wage Stagnation, It's Wage Robbery (151 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  It's not that hard... (12+ / 0-)

    If the wealth of the 1% increases more than the GDP - then that wealth came from somewhere - that somewhere is the other 99%.

    Conversely, if wages are not keeping up with GDP, then wages are being taken from the wage earners.

    Additionally:

    If productivity increases, but wages do not, then it is those at the top which benefit from the productivity increase.  Essentially, robbing labor's increase in output.

    Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

    “Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” - John Steinbeck (Disputed)

    by RichM on Tue Mar 04, 2014 at 11:21:32 AM PST

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

  • Recommended (142)
  • Community (61)
  • Baltimore (45)
  • Bernie Sanders (36)
  • Civil Rights (35)
  • Culture (28)
  • Elections (21)
  • Freddie Gray (21)
  • Racism (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Economy (20)
  • Education (20)
  • Rescued (19)
  • Hillary Clinton (19)
  • Labor (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • Media (16)
  • Texas (16)
  • Environment (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site