View Diary: Kitchen Table Kibitzing - 4.21.14 What's blooming in your garden right now? (104 comments)

•  siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh I'm gonna take a wild guess (8+ / 0-)

that you do not live in NE.

I'm awaiting the bloomage here.  There is a rumour that the forsythia might be a week from flowering, but I've been lied to before.

I'll believe it when I see it.

But I wish you joy in your blooms.  :-)

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 07:20:48 PM PDT

•  Thanks! (5+ / 0-)

I live on the opposite coast. I don't think I could live comfortably in the Northeast. I don't do well with cold, or with hot and humid. This lets out the upper parts of the Midwest as well. I don't like extremely hot and dry either so the Southwest is out. It's a good thing I like it here. I plan on staying.

This signature left intentionally blank.

by underTheRadar on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 07:46:39 PM PDT

•  Finding out where you do well...and thrive..is a (6+ / 0-)

one way to ensure a happy life.

I seem to have wanderlust.  So far this seems to be where I am meant to be.

The Universe has an uncanny way of surprising me just when I think I know what's going on.

Don't be surprised if I start posting from Lapland one of these days!

:-)

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 08:10:22 PM PDT

•  I don't know if there is any way (4+ / 0-)
          side pocket, 4Freedom, The Marti, mjbleo

to ensure a happy life. I just don't want to be physically uncomfortable while I'm dealing with everything else.

This signature left intentionally blank.

by underTheRadar on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 08:58:01 PM PDT

•  I look at the beautiful flowers in the pictures (3+ / 0-)
            underTheRadar, The Marti, mjbleo

the Californians post and pine for a longer growing season.

Then I open the window and the cold, clear night air pours and and I remember why I'm here.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. ~ John F. Kennedy

by 4Freedom on Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 09:59:40 PM PDT

•  You cannot guarantee a happy life. All you can do (3+ / 0-)
            flowerfarmer, mjbleo, RiveroftheWest

is put as many things in place to make it possible. And not all of it is.

I promise you...almost all of the things that ensure a way to find happiness come from "inside".

There are people who are ill, wounded, broke, and struggling...and who are profoundly happy in spite of it.

There are also people who are healthy, whole, and financially well-off....and who are incapable of happiness.

None of us gets out of here alive...what matters is what we do while we're here.

Kindness matters.  Compassion matters.  Decency matters.

Working to ensure that we all have an equal shot at life....matters.

Find your passion...work it.

And at 4 in the morning, that's about the best I can offer. :-)

"Live with no excuses and Love with no regrets."

by The Marti on Tue Apr 22, 2014 at 01:18:08 AM PDT