View Diary: Hype? Let's talk about "Hype" (79 comments)

•  That's a bunch of lofty sounding bullshit, (12+ / 0-)

meant to legitimize the fact that you believe it's ok to dismiss the thoughts and ideas of other kossacks, and that you think it's ok to do based on which candidate they support.  How the hell do you expect to build coalitions this way?  You can't get along with fellow Dems.  How do you expect to work with Indy';s and R's?  Respect, empower, include.

Your candidate deserves better supporters.  Supporters that actually pay attention to what his point is.

•  So I'm obligated to rec this diary? nt (1+ / 0-)
      onanyes

These provinces shouldn't even be "states":AL, AK, CO, CT, DE, GA, ID, IL, IA, KS, LA, MD, ME, MN, MO, NE, ND, SC, UT, VA, WA, WI

by Mr Bula on Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 06:04:47 AM PST

•  Not a bit. (4+ / 0-)

I didn't.  I don't rec candidate diaries anymore, of any stripe.

You aren't even obligated to be civil in discussion with those you disagree with.  But folks are more likely to try and engage you, and respect your choice of candidate, when you don't act like an asshole.

Dismissing your opposition here smacks of being cheap and petty.  That inevitability crap stuck in my craw when HRC used it, and it pisses me off when I see Senator Obama's supporters use a variant on it.

Your candidate is arguably the best choice we've had for President in a long time.  He's dynamic, classy, and inclusive.  Why sully that?

•  tone v. content (4+ / 0-)
          Nobody, onanyes, Independant Man, marcoto

I think it is legitimate to criticize the "woe is me" attitude of the diarist, for the reasons given above.
          However, I sometimes AM a jerk without realizing it, so I have to rely on other people to tell me when it happens. So tone-wise, I grant I was being a jerk

These provinces shouldn't even be "states":AL, AK, CO, CT, DE, GA, HI, ID, IL, IA, KS, LA, MD, ME, MN, MO, NE, ND, SC, UT, VA, WA, WI

by Mr Bula on Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 06:17:54 AM PST

•  Well, look, it's not like the arguments (3+ / 0-)
      Mr Bula, Philoguy, mtjohnson

for Hillary haven't been given a fair hearing.  This campaign has been going on for a long time, and people on DailyKos (and other blogs) have heard Hillary out and have made up their damn minds!  It seems like you want to cry foul and demand that people "keep an open mind" and not make a decision, just because you don't like the decisions they've already made.

That's silly.

Civic spirit drowns in a hurricane of mere survivalism - McKenzie Wark

by cfaller96 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 06:35:07 AM PST

•  I respectfully disagree (5+ / 0-)

MANY people on Daily Kos have made up their minds, and decided for Obama.  But, unless, I missed some new rule, such a majority opinion does not prohibit expression of other opinions or analysis of other candidates.  If I have missed some new rule, please point it out.

If you refuse to vote for OUR PARTY'S nominee in November, the blood of a thousand back-alley abortions will be on your hands.

by dhonig on Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 06:56:55 AM PST

•  People making up their minds is not "unfair" (3+ / 0-)
          Mr Bula, Philoguy, mtjohnson

or close-minded or anything like that.  It seems like that was being implied by the wailing that "nobody on DailyKos likes Hillary!"

People here made up their minds, and they don't agree with you.  There's nothing "unfair" about it.

Civic spirit drowns in a hurricane of mere survivalism - McKenzie Wark

by cfaller96 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 07:06:39 AM PST

•  actually... (0+ / 0-)

that's not completely true.

There are quite a few Kossacks who do agree with him...including at least on Front Pager who voted for HRC. Some are still around but really avoid the candidate diaries. Others have left due to the toxic atmosphere. Still others are rather vocal about their support.

Granted their numbers do not meet the large % of Kossacks who are currently part of the Obama craze.

And frankly, I've made up my mind. And I don't agree with you.

I think they are both good candidates who deserve better than some of the dreck that has passed as candidate support.

Mariachi Mama Candidate Bickering Moratorium! Signatory to the Carnacki Petition

by kredwyn on Fri Feb 22, 2008 at 06:45:58 AM PST