View Diary: Just Words (275 comments)

•  Alegre must be a paid HRC staffer (10+ / 0-)

n/t

Ever noticed that every time Hillary finds her voice, it's different?

by PrometheusSpeaks on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:14:07 PM PDT

•  not mean enough, total rookie (2+ / 0-)
      td, tbetz

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda

by FireCrow on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:16:14 PM PDT

•  only somebody getting paid for it could (1+ / 0-)
      tbetz

write this shit

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment." Ansel Adams -6.5 -6.75

by Statusquomustgo on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:16:33 PM PDT

•  It isn't shit. I would write it, (6+ / 0-)

and I'm not being paid.  I could just as easily that only a blind Obama follower would be so nasty to a Hillary supporter who presents the facts as known to her.  But you would get all upset if I did that.  So why aren't you upset at the meanness of your fellow posters against Alegre?

The ...Bushies... don't make policies to deal with problems. ...It's all about how can we spin what's happening out there to do what we want to do. Krugman

by mikepridmore on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:21:28 PM PDT

•  Do you believe this?? (4+ / 0-)
          Christin, tbetz, crankyinNYC, ggottlie

a Hillary supporter who presents the facts as known to her.

What she is promoting is unfounded speculation and  Hillary's propaganda...as well as discredited stories.

THAT is what people are objecting to, here.

•  If she didn't believe it were true (4+ / 0-)

she wouldn't have written it.  What I am objecting to is the absolute and complete refusal, by Obama supporters and sometimes also by Hillary supporters, to give the other side the benefit of the doubt.  I talk to a lot of people all over the world and your negative characterization of what Alegre has said is something of the type I usually only hear somewhere on the blogosphere, and usually here at dKos.

by mikepridmore on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:39:49 PM PDT

•  Perhaps (1+ / 0-)
              la urracca

There are a number of reasons why someone would write something.  "Truth" is one of them.

•  There is no doubt that this whole diary is (1+ / 0-)
              not a cent

simply propaganda for Hillary.

Apart from the incident with Powers, everything else is basically a Hillary press release.

Saying that is hardly an attack.

As to giving the other side the benefit of the doubt..you could not be more wrong. I have written here in the past that "we have two great candidates", and I was not a Obama supporter till relatively recently.

But recent developments with Hillary have left me absolutely appalled at her tactics and her character.

What I have seen on this diary tonight is intelligent and mild - especially compared to the Hillary supporters at DD.

•  And Bob Johnson's (2+ / 0-)
                catfish, CanadaWest
                Obamaganda pieces on the MyDD rec list aren't propaganda?  So calling the diary a piece of shit and the diarist a paid liar is mild eh?  Not in my book.

As for being appalled at Hillary's "character," that is certainly Obama propaganda.  She pointed out her experience advantage over Obama, and that of Senator McCain, which is more than fair, and all of a sudden she is supporting McCain?  And you think that Republicans haven't figured out for themselves that Obama has little real experience?  Right.....

by mikepridmore on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:08:52 PM PDT

•  Being appalled at Hillary's character (0+ / 0-)

is MY OWN reaction to her techniques of politics.

As to what she said about McCain...really now, you are being so disingenuous that it is not worth of response.

From the Nation:

Now, if she wanted to help ensure that a Democrat wins in November, Clinton could say: "Barack Obama is qualified to be commander-in-chief but I'm more qualified." That's a perfectly reasonable argument. Instead she's sowing doubts about a fellow Democrat while talking up the GOP nominee, a strategy that plays right into McCain's hands. When McCain says, in a general election, that Obama is not ready to be commander-in-chief, he'll only have to cite Clinton.

•  You cannot give the benefit of the doubt, (2+ / 0-)
              PrometheusSpeaks, la urracca

when you KNOW you are being LIED to.

I may be going out on a limb here, but, I THINK that's why one is not likely to look kindly upon those who are "pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining."

Just sayin'...

HOPE: It's the new black.

by Samwoman on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:26:16 PM PDT

•  ... (0+ / 0-)

It isn't shit. I would write it,
          and I'm not being paid.

Duuuude... That's sooo, like, unfair... They should, like, pay you, and stuff...

•  Let's See, We Obama Supporters (7+ / 0-)

can be partisan, but Clinton supporters can't? because if they do (politely) challenge our candidate, it's "shit" or "hit" pieces, and only "masochists" advocate for their positions in the face of opposition?

Doesn't sound very... Liberal... to me. Oh, and I say this as someone who does not particularly like Hillary. But I do respect free speech and advocacy.

I've not read anything particularly nasty from Alegre; if you disagree, say so; if her information is wrong, correct her and provide the links.

But these insults are adolescent. Fortunately, I've got a thirteen-year old to help inoculate me.

"You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists." -Abbie Hoffman

by Uthaclena on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:35:37 PM PDT

•  Susan Hu, Alegre, Universal seem (6+ / 0-)

to post utter shit. There are a number of legitamate and thoughtful Clinton supporters, though far fewer than before. I'm sorry for that, but it's diarist like the above who have so earned the ire of readers here. I really do want individual Clinton supporters to keep  at it here, and keep posting. Just the spammers I wan't gone.

•  Amazing Drop In The Quality Of These Posts.. (5+ / 0-)

over time.  It really has been interesting to watch.  As Hillary has gone "nuclear negative", it's been very hard for paid blog posters like Alegre to do upbeat posts that present Hillary in any kind of a positive light.

It's all Joe Lieberman stuff now, as they unleash all the slime they can.

I just hope that poor Alegre gets paid enough to make this miserable "work" worth her while.

Hillary Clinton: leading supporter of the Culture of Corruption in Washington.

by bincbom on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:32:16 PM PDT

•  I notice she is not commenting (4+ / 0-)
        Christin, ChiGirl88, Harkov311, tbetz

in her diaries anymore...

Never give up! Never surrender!

by oscarsmom on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 08:48:36 PM PDT

•  oh no - she comments CONSTANTLY (2+ / 0-)
          ChiGirl88, oscarsmom

in her pro HRC diaries (there was one posted earlier tonight.)
          and she looks for sympathy and praise and gets most of it from obama supporters.
          if you check her diary history and/or comments from tonight you'll see it.
          it's how she collects her strange quest for mojo.
          After she posts a pro HRC diary - she does these ugly hatchet smear jobs on Obama, and then does NOT post in them .

Kinda pathetic.
          Kinda weird.
          Kinda bizarre.
          Kinda sad.

Seriously - someone has issues.

"Oh no...you changed your hair color? It's just so dark. You like it? And with your skin tone?" My Beloved Mom, December 25 2007, once again on notice.

by Christin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:08:11 PM PDT

•  Interesting... (1+ / 0-)
            Christin

almost as if her heart isn't in it!

Never give up! Never surrender!

by oscarsmom on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:11:57 PM PDT

•  i think she's self destructive. (0+ / 0-)

she purposely did this tonight.
              i think she gets a sick thrill from it.
              she posts 24/7 in MYdd and hillary is 44 and god knows where else.
              her entire life is spent on the net right now from morning till night- seven days a week.
              i think she fell into the rabbit hole and reality has blurred for her.

thank god i work.
              i don't touch dk, or look at it from seven until nine p.m monday through friday.
              it helps me maintain what little sanity i have left.
              my goal for march and april is to stop worrying about the PA primary.
              I am already failing.

by Christin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:23:34 PM PDT

•  You obviously don't read Alegre's diaries. (0+ / 0-)

She is a working mother.  She works hard for Hillary because she is dedicated to her campaign.

Together, we will turn promises into action, words into solutions and hope into reality. Hillary Clinton for President

by psychodrew on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 10:04:11 PM PDT

•  How is it that she can post more than one diary (0+ / 0-)

in a day?

HOPE: It's the new black.

by Samwoman on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:21:46 PM PDT

•  yikes. i am so sorry. that was from last night. (1+ / 0-)
              Samwoman

i am fried.

by Christin on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:25:42 PM PDT

•  no, no ;-D you're not fried! (1+ / 0-)
                Christin

Peace,
                S

HOPE: It's the new black.

by Samwoman on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:31:12 PM PDT

•  actually she didn't post anything last night from (0+ / 0-)

what I could tell. I did a search at the normal times she post on her name to see if she did. There have been days that she has skipped posting unless it was early in the morning. Like 5am to 10am.

When we are together it isn't me who matters, but the other person

by AHiddenSaint on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:47:53 PM PDT

•  I was wrong ignore my other comments (0+ / 0-)

Looks like I'm still not good at tracking the timing of post. I usually find the information that Obama supporters put out that she never answers them on informative. Many Obama supporters try to point out where something is wrong, but she never changes her diary and tells them to go make their own. I think that is why you get a lot of comments like you have in this one. It's what happens over time when you do that type of stuff.

When we are together it isn't me who matters, but the other person

by AHiddenSaint on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 10:10:03 PM PDT

•  I doubt that (0+ / 0-)

she will be back as Alegre after the elections.  She has burned one to many bridges to be taken seriously any more.

We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Benjamin Franklin -5.13/-3.38

by Grannus on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:19:47 PM PDT

•  she also does not post every night (0+ / 0-)

anymore. Alegre used to post stuff every night like this. Her times for posting are off. I've been watching the timing and if they are negative or postive. So far I haven't seen Alegre post something postive about Hillary in a long time. Most have been negative about Obama. It is a interesting pattern to witness, but I do not know what the meaning is there.

When we are together it isn't me who matters, but the other person

by AHiddenSaint on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 09:44:08 PM PDT

•  Not paid by the comment n/t (0+ / 0-)

n/t

Ever noticed that every time Hillary finds her voice, it's different?

by PrometheusSpeaks on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 10:22:27 PM PDT

•  Believe it or not (0+ / 0-)

Some of us are so inspired by Hillary and so dedicated to her candidacy that we will devote hours and hours of free time to her helping her get elected.  Alegre wrote a very touching diary about why she is such a strong Hillary supporter.  I'll try and find it so you can understand her dedication.

by psychodrew on Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 10:01:13 PM PDT