View Diary: This is No Joke (239 comments)

•  Encouragement comes in different forms. (2+ / 1-)
    Ahianne, bottles
    Hidden by:
    Avila

I don't believe that unconditional approval makes people better.  As a student he's in the process of learning things and can benefit from both positive and negative feedback.

Nice abusive TRs above.  How are things at the sewer this morning.

•  I did't HR you...but I don't agree with you. (9+ / 0-)

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:13:30 AM PDT

•  I know you didn't TR me. (2+ / 0-)
        trashablanca, bottles

Hidden by:
        kestrel9000 kestrel9000, Pete Rock, One Pissed Off Liberal, Lady Kestrel

You don't have to agree with me.  Reasonable people can disagree about things.  But those d0nuts are ugly, particularly the husband and wife.

•  Too bad. (4+ / 0-)
          Avila, Pete Rock, csquared, indubitably

We happen to think the way you treat people around here is pretty ugly.
          Go figure.

John McCain is a dishonorable, lying shitbag who is unfit to be President. Of ANYTHING.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:18:31 AM PDT

•  Why not ask dave and Randy to help you hide (2+ / 0-)
            trashablanca, bottles

my comment?  Oh that's right, their ability to do so was taken away for dropping d0nuts just like yours.  Carry on.

•  "dropping d0nuts just like yours" (4+ / 0-)
              Avila, Lady Kestrel, csquared, indubitably

Just because you say it doesn't make it so.
              You really need to get over yourself. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not the only one you're pissing off around here.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:23:58 AM PDT

•  Why was I brought up here? (6+ / 0-)

So temporarily you got your favorite administrator to take away my "ratings" ability.  Does that make the decision right?  Let the appeals process take its time to sort it out.

Doesn't matter b/c I don't need ratings although on principle they should be restored. (and I would probably not even use my HRs at all on anyone, even you.)

Your behavior in this thread is a perfect example of everything I have ever said about you.  Thus, I've bookmarked it.

There's only so long where you can be protected.  Sooner or later, those running this site might come to the conclusion (and it is their choice, their site) that the few positive contributions you make are far outweighed by the negatives and as a result.

DailyKos LLC is a business entity.  Now Markos reserves the right to ban anybody for any reason OR no reason at all.  He can ban me in two minutes because my nice has three Es in it. From a business standpoint, he may eventualy decide that a diarist who turns away or pops the balloons of hundreds of actual democrats who have worked their asses off to try and help Democrats in 2008 is real bad for business.  So perhaps it is you who might want to be careful.

I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:58:33 AM PDT

•  I'm gonna be somewhat nice here. (2+ / 0-)
                trashablanca, bottles

you got your favorite administrator to take away my "ratings" ability.

I could TR you for lying.  I didn't get anyone to do anything.  I didn't write to a single admin the day you and Randy dropped all five of your d0nuts on me.  In fact the only time I wrote to a site admin was when you outed kestrel9000's former friend.  Not sure who my favorite admin is supposed to be, none of them appear to be doing me any favors--as demonstrated by the near year it took them to deal with your habitual abuse of ratings.

Let the appeals process take its time to sort it out.

You make it sound as if there's a kos court and your appeal is on the calendar.  In all likelihood your ratings ability will be restored after the election and it's just as likely that you'll put yourself in a hole again.

I would probably not even use my HRs at all on anyone, even you

Kinda late in the game for that revelation, no?  You've dropped dozens of d0nuts on me and not a single one was defensible.  Why would anyone expect that to change.

There's only so long where you can be protected.

Protected?  That's rich.  You're still here aren't you.

perhaps it is you who might want to be careful.

You're still threatening me?  I am careful, not perfect but careful.  If the situation were reversed there's no question you'd be dropping d0nuts on me.  This place has rules, some of them explicit and some implicit.  I play by them which is why I can still rate comments.  I don't have to promise not to abuse ratings in the future as I didn't abuse them in the past.

Why was I brought up here?

Because you and kestrel9000 have been buddies.  It's convenient for both of you to blame me for outing kestrel9000's former friend as it makes you less blameworthy. Both of y'all need to learn how to take responsibility for what you do.

•  HA (3+ / 0-)
                  Avila, csquared, indubitably

i know I said I was done with you, but I just gotta tell you what a pathetic WATB you look like.
                  I also gotta tell you that you know it, and so do I.

I could TR you for lying.

I could HR you for being an obsessive-compulsive POS who contributes nothing to Daily Kos except conflict and division, but I'll pass.
                  This time.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:23:09 AM PDT

•  tomorrow (1+ / 0-)
                  Avila

I am posting a diary that lists 129 different mistakes/lies that Sarah Palin made in the VP debate.

I worked my ass off to prepare it, several hours of MY time, for which I got paid zero.

Why?

Because I care.

This 1 diary in itself is MORE than you will ever do in your lifetime to help democrats.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:13:34 PM PDT

•  Do you honestly believe that your diary (1+ / 0-)
                    bottles

even if it's as good as you promise will change a single vote?  You're preaching to the choir here, dave, which is prolly why you have gotten away with your act for so long. You make such outrageous claims it's difficult to take you seriously.  That and your pomposity are comical.  And your obsession with the details of Hannity's personal life is bizarre.

•  The Hannity canard (1+ / 0-)
                      Avila

I think I had a good diary today which alludes to this.

I've enumerated the purpose and strategy behind what I do.  BTW I've only been in the same room with him 3 times in my life.

Oh, and yes my diary will change a single vote, probably more.  (Why - b/c you get info out there for others to use and they change the vote)

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:28:49 PM PDT

•  Um... (1+ / 0-)
                        bottles

BTW I've only been in the same room with him 3 times in my life.

Yet you have bragged about knowing his home address and having real "outing" info about his sexual orientation.  Not gonna take the time to link to all of that unless it's necessary but you know I can.  Why would anyone find themselves in the same room with him even once except by accident?  I'm not sure I would even recognize him if her were standing next to me on the subway.  I've just never watched as I've got his number as clearly as I have yours.

Who "out there" is gonna read it?  This is just you pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps, puffing out your chest and declaring how great you are again.  Getting kinda old.

•  Why (1+ / 0-)
                          Avila

because I get to ask him TOUGH but fair questions he does NOT want asked of him.  It exposes him.  Hat tip to me.  That in and of itself is more than you've done in your lifetime to help elect Democrats.

As for Hannity's sexual orientation, it is indeed relevant that a homophobic individual such as Hannity is living a double life.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 02:25:52 PM PDT

•  You asking three tough questions to a RW (1+ / 0-)
                            bottles

mouthpiece was worth more than all the Dem campaigns I've worked for?  That's an interesting take on things.

In some contexts--yes it is.  The question though is whether we want to use this site to out people, particularly when all we have to go on is your word that you found it somehow.  If you really wanna make your case then provide some evidence.  Hinting that you know a male prostitute who spilled the goods on Hannity is somewhat below the general standard of proof here.

•  the few campaigns (0+ / 0-)

that you have been involved in were in areas where the D wins no matter what. In most cases, running de facto unopposed.  And your work, while certainly commendable, didn't influence anything.

It is Democrats like you who have given us 8 years of Giuliani and 8 years of Bloomberg in the most Democratic city of America.  It is Democrats like you that is why right wing fossils like Serge Maltese and Frank Padavan still return to the State Senate even though the districts are more than 2-1 Democratic.

It's time to go buy that condo in Florida and simply step out of the way.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 03:43:36 PM PDT

•  WTF? (2+ / 1-)
                            buddabelly, bottles
                            Hidden by:
                            Avila

Are you this sloppy in your practice?

the few campaigns

You have no idea how many I've been involved in.

in areas where the D wins no matter what.

Like Nassau county, NY state and NY City?  In response to your question about a single thing I did within the last two years I mentioned 1 (one) campaign which fits your description.  You assume that's always the case.  Why?

your work, while certainly commendable, didn't influence anything.

Never suggested I influenced anything nor that I even tried.  Some of my best work has been done for losing primary candidates and I've never lost to a Pub.  Helping others provides political capital which can be cashed in if necessary.  What have you done to protect NY's lever voting machines, anything at all?

Huh?  I'm responsible for Mark Green who I didn't work for and Freddie who I worked against?  A couple more points in 2005 and Bloomberg would have had a contest on his hands.

You're just throwing shit out there hoping someone will buy it.  I'm responsible for Padavan?  You obviously don't understand how actual elections are won.  Can't say I'm surprised.

It's time to go buy that condo in Florida and simply step out of the way.

WTF is that about.  I probably know but I'm giving you the temporary benefit of the doubt.  Have you been drinking?

•  HR'd (1+ / 0-)
                            Pager

threadjacking again. fishing for personal info. cut it out, Flawed.

•  Me fishing for personal info? (1+ / 0-)
                            bottles

Where?  You are as transparent and dishonest as the rest of them.

•  you don't know me (1+ / 0-)
                            Pager

and you never will -- fact.

I don't even know who "the rest of them" are, but I'm glad to know someone else, anyone else, sees through your bullshit.

•  MajorFlaw definition of abusive HR: (8+ / 0-)

anytime he gets one.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:14:38 AM PDT

•  Look...the guy probably has 10 gazillion (3+ / 0-)

mojo in the bank.  Giving him a couple of HR's is just a waste of time.

Most of the time he's right.

This time I just think he was a bit mean.

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:16:33 AM PDT

•  I'm not sure he was trying to be mean... (4+ / 0-)

Quite rough around the edges for sure, but everybody's got a right to their opinions.  I don't agree with the HR's.  I would prefer that everyone see Asher's defense and MajorFlow's "apology."

"War is a Racket" - MajGen Smedley D. Butler, USMC(ret)

by PvtJarHead on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:21:08 AM PDT

•  Gotta keep it in context...Asher is a good kid... (13+ / 0-)

I wish there were more like him.

Sometimes on this site we tend to judge everyone by the same standards.

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:23:30 AM PDT

•  It isn't a matter of judging, David. (3+ / 0-)
              Ahianne, trashablanca, bottles

Asher has the potential to be a very effective Democrat when he gets older.  But he's still learning.  If all he hears is praise for his efforts he won't know how and where to get better.  He appears able to handle the criticism without his champions. That's a necessary skill and protecting him doesn't really prepare him.  YMMV.

•  And pointing out (5+ / 0-)

he's too young to drive helps him how?

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:20:11 AM PDT

•  You appear to believe that you can slip (2+ / 0-)
                  trashablanca, bottles

back and forth between handing out personal attacks and abusive d0nuts, threatening to bully me if I don't get in line and engaging me in rational discussion.  The world doesn't work that way.

•  Pot, meet kettle (4+ / 0-)
                    Avila, buhdydharma, csquared, indubitably

Have fun playing the victim.
                    I don't buy it, and apparently, neither does anyone else.
                    And HRs are not abusive simply because you say they are.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:35:08 AM PDT

•  Victim? (2+ / 0-)
                      trashablanca, bottles

I'm no kind of victim.  Not on your best day.

I don't buy it, and apparently, neither does anyone else.

Did someone elect or appoint you spokeshole for this site?  I guess you're gonna earn some street cred from your friends in the new sewer for this.  Public meltdowns aren't fun to watch so it's back to ignore.

•  My life (3+ / 0-)
                        Avila, csquared, indubitably

does not revolve around street cred.
                        Not anymore.
                        I'm sorry if you can't say the same.
                        Got issues?
                        Why not write a diary about them, for something new and unusual?

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:50:43 AM PDT

•  And this: (4+ / 0-)
                        raboof, Avila, csquared, indubitably

Did someone elect or appoint you spokeshole for this site?

is just....staggering. I'm running out of pots and kettles.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:51:26 AM PDT

•  You've also run out of clues. (2+ / 0-)
                          trashablanca, bottles

Let's see, you make new friend at pff who proceed to stalk and out your friend.  You mishandle the situation so badly that you lose that friend and are abused for your efforts by the pffters.  You launch your crusade against me and announce that you will fight any effort to get Randy or dave nuked and we know how that turned out.  Then you posted a meltdown diary --eventually deleted--at the new sewer declaring your undying devotion to the friend you pissed off, naturally blaming it all on me.  You asked the new pffters not to name that friend and they threw it back in your face, as would be expected.  Now you're a joke at the new sewer as well and your friends there have redoubled their efforts to harass your former friend.  Nice work, you've really been on a roll lately.  I'm supposed to take you seriously exactly why again.

•  I don't care (3+ / 0-)
                            Avila, csquared, indubitably

what you think of me, or how you characterize anything I've done.
                            Even though you distort about two thirds of what you say in your above post, I still don't care.
                            And you ratfucked that man, and you know it, and so do a lot of other  people.
                            I'm done with you today.
                            The last word - worthless as it will surely be - is yours, should you wish it.
                            Go scratch.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:08:39 AM PDT

•  Here come the uprating abusers (2+ / 0-)
                            raboof, kestrel9000

Musing85 was first.

Expect 1-2 more to show up right before comments on it get closed.

the fAQs forbid uprates like this.

My belief, anyone who uprated this other than the original 2-3 people should be banned along with the person who outed someone's real name and did this to a 14 yr old kid.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:13:48 PM PDT

•  If you will pardon me, (0+ / 0-)

can you tell me whether your view of the FAQs here would say that it is appropriate to bring postings and diaries at other sites to this one as evidence for some sort of indictment? My impression (as an admitted legal layperson) would be that that would be unfair, as if it were crossing "state lines." The rules at one site may be quite different from those at another. Those who have the courage or ability to post in more than one jurisdiction surely should not be punished for doing so, should they?

By the way, being consistent with my current point of view, I would not and did not hide-rate your original comment - even coming to it as I did via "hidden comments." It is still bad.

The law is slacked and judgment doth never go forth: the wicked compass about the righteous and wrong judgment proceedeth - Habakkuk 1:4

by vox humana on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 10:31:46 PM PDT

•  Asher is very effective now (6+ / 0-)

How about you?

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:59:29 AM PDT

•  How nice. (1+ / 0-)
                  bottles

A contribution from the "no longer able to rate comments crowd."  Now there's an example to look up to.

•  hey, after November 4 (3+ / 0-)
                    kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

You will most likely get your wish.

you can then check me out at davefromqueens.com

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:07:25 AM PDT

•  Promises, promises. (2+ / 0-)
                      trashablanca, bottles

You have a habit of saying things and not following through.

Linky

Linky #2

•  Sometimes I reconsider (3+ / 0-)
                        kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

Indeed I thought of leaving earlier, you are correct and I have backtracked and changed my mind.

It's precisely because of a diary like the one I posted on Saturday (126 mistakes) and that I will repost on Monday (updated) that I stay through Nov. 4.

Name one person in media that did a better job of deconstructing Palin's debate performance than me?
                        The answer is no one.

I have many flaws and many weaknesses but there are certain things I do real well.  It is those contributions that may still be needed between now and Nov. 4 especially since I could pretty much tell you what John McCain is going to be saying in the next 4 weeks and what every commercial of his is going to look like.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:34:50 AM PDT

•  I don't feel any pressing need for you to leave (1+ / 0-)
                          bottles

or get nuked.  Now that you have to defend your work without the misuse of ratings I expect we'll be fine.  I'm sitting here with a full quiver yet I'm able to defend myself without dropping bad d0nuts.  If you recall it was the misuse of ratings which got us started a year ago.

Tina Fey was great last night.  Not sure I saw that diary of yours but I'll look for the new one.  I honestly hope it's as good as advertised.

OK then, how low is he gonna sink?  Now that it's clear the "lack of experience" meme isn't working I expect him to Roverize his message.

•  the issue of donuts (3+ / 0-)
                            kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

click on my name, go to diaries, you can't miss it.

as for donuts, I put on my lawyer's hat and that thing called "the appearance of impropriety"

should I win the appeal and my HR status restored, you and bottles will NEVER get a donut from me no matter what you type.

Consider it like a judge recusing himself or herself from a case.  I look at it from the same lens.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:45:11 AM PDT

•  Should have thought of that before, no? (2+ / 0-)
                            trashablanca, bottles

Why do you think I never dropped a retaliatory d0nut on you?  Why not just take responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming your current status on some sort of conspiracy between me and one of the site admins.  You are promising not to do it again without taking responsibility for your own actions.  Can you repeat after me, "The five d0nuts I, davefromqueens dropped on MajorFlaw in that  thread were ratings abuse."  It's obviously not up to me but I don't see any recognition that you did this to yourself thus your promise not to do it again is as empty as your promises to leave.

•  Doesn't matter (3+ / 0-)
                            kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

I will be spending the next 40-50 yrs of my life trying to make the world a better place by advancing the causes that the overwhelming majority of people at this site believe in and

you will be spending the next 15-20 yrs of your life having the opposite effect regardless of your intent.

Do you really think this is my be all and end all?
                            I'm just getting started.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 10:58:19 AM PDT

•  and it's jealousy too (2+ / 0-)
                            csquared, indubitably

Wherever you've gone, you have had the OPPOSITE effect.  You help Republicans even if your intent is different.

And me?  I help elect more and better Democrats.

You are clearly jealous of my success (and it's limited and far from over but still a million times more successful in my shorter time than yours in your longer time) and can't come to grips with the fact that you have been an abject failure for several decades of your adult life in the political realm.

I'll take one Asher on my side than a million of you.  Live with that.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:37:46 AM PDT

•  Wow, you are impressed with yourself. (2+ / 0-)
                            musing85, bottles

And me?  I help elect more and better Democrats.

More talking points without  shred of supporting evidence.

You are clearly jealous of my success

What success?  I don't know what you've done in the real world any more than you know about me.  Less actually.  From what I've seen at this site I don't see where you helped elect a single Dem, let alone better ones.  Remember contracts, dave?  What you are doing is called "puffing."

That's very funny.

I'll take one Asher on my side than a million of you.  Live with that.

I can do so with no problem as I wouldn't want someone as irresponsible as you on my side.  The question is whether Asher will want to work with you when he's a real player.  Anyone reading this diary and comments will see that he had no problem handling my initial comment.   Gotta be more than a hundred additional comments now with you, kestrel9000, raboof and others taking cheap shots at me.  It's clear who hijacked this diary.  Live with it.

•  You are a cancer for Democrats (2+ / 0-)
                            Avila, indubitably

And have done more harm to this site than any other user.  If not stopped, you will destroy this site.  You are well on your way to acheiving your mission.

After Election Day, the site will have a clear choice to make and I'll certainly be glad to "live with it" either way.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 12:55:54 PM PDT

•  That's kinda harsh. (2+ / 0-)
                            musing85, bottles

You are a cancer for Democrats

You don't know how to do anything other than escalate.  Getting louder and more obstreperous certainly has helped you before.

Perfect example which proves my point.  Once again you are not so subtly threatening the owner and admins of this site.  Whether you or I--or both of us--stay here is of little interest or concern to them.  You threatened to leave by the end of September if your ratings ability weren't restored and the admin(s) responsible for neutering you admonished.  Didn't appear to make much of an impression on anyone other than yourself.  But do cry "wolf" again.

If not stopped, you will destroy this site.

That's just silly.  You're buying into the new pffters/Today in MajorFlaud line.  This site is gonna be just fine with or without either or both of us.

•  First (0+ / 0-)

Yes, I make no bones, I leave if you are still here NOv. 6.  There is no threat.

As for your last paragraph, I genuinely hope this site prospers and continues to grow.  It just won't if what you did to Asher today keeps happening.

Now as for the Political Flesh Feast, yes I did read some of that parody stuff about you.  It is poorly written though, writing style needs work.  Definitely not a lawyer.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:24:17 PM PDT

•  Second. (2+ / 0-)
                            musing85, bottles

Yes, I make no bones, I leave if you are still here NOv. 6.

The goalposts keep moving.  Weren't you gonna leave by Oct 1 the last time.

There is no threat.

Of course it's a threat.  Not one anyone will care about but it's definitely a threat.

Definitely not a lawyer.

Correct, it is written by an accountant.  Some of it is kinda funny although he needs to call 1-800-New-Material.  I try not to miss an episode but it's getting a bit redundant.

•  I moved the goalposts to Nov. 6 (0+ / 0-)

because I am here to help elect Democrats and probably will have some valuable insights to contribute in that regard.

Indeed I did change my mind.  You can call it a flip flop.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 02:29:32 PM PDT

•  Nah, that wouldn't be accurate. (2+ / 0-)
                            musing85, bottles

More like a failure to keep your word--a/k/a lying--than a flip flop.  Which is why your current demand and deadline ring hollow.

•  You arrogant S.O.B.!!!! (0+ / 0-)

Your 'Major Flaw' is your conceit and indifference to real world politics. You are like Sara Palin in her debate pereformance.

How dare you say of Asher

"The question is whether Asher will want to work with you when he's a real player."

Like you a real player in the sandbox while that young man is moving  real voters in real time.

To strive,to seek,to find, and not to yield. 1843 high school motto, Rhode Island.

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 10:22:54 PM PDT

•  you sound like slouise217 (4+ / 0-)
                            kestrel9000, Pager, Pete Rock, vox humana

NB: I'm not making an accusation of anything but the similarities in tactics are plain as day.

1. select targets to pick on.
                            1. arrange back-up.
                            1. refuse to operate on a level playing field; state or imply support of admins and use this to threaten others and silence them.
                            1. play victim when called on it.

I try my best to ignore you but picking on a kid? wtf is wrong with you? just leave him alone if the idea of a young person doing something positive and patriotic is so repellant to you. this, Flawed, is a sad commentary on you -- not him.

•  and the threat, implied or otherwise (0+ / 0-)

about getting people's ratings privileges revoked. this is another of your own fax? or did you learn it from slEEz?

•  Again (2+ / 0-)
                    csquared, indubitably

I have done a million times more to help Obama and Democrats this year than you have.  We've covered this ground already counselor.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:32:13 AM PDT

•  Not to belabor the point but.... (1+ / 0-)
                      bottles

saying it's so doesn't make it so.

•  I have to congratulate you (4+ / 0-)
                        Avila, kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

The comment above where you have received 8 troll ratings thus far (there could be more) is the

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTIETH COMMENT of yours in which you have received at least 1 troll rating.

Is that a record here?

Thus can I now say

Major flaw holds the dailykos record for most separate comments that he has received a troll rating with 120.  Will his next comment be 121?

Think about that.  ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEPARATE COMMENTS.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:39:41 AM PDT

•  Um dave.... (1+ / 0-)
                          bottles

How many of them were from you?  You probably hold the record for the most bad d0nuts dropped by a kossack.  (If it isn't you it would be Randy)  Pointing out how many comments of mine have received at least one d0nut is an indirect way of taking credit for your own handiwork.  Anyone who wishes can check.

•  that's a fair comment (2+ / 0-)
                            csquared, indubitably

Eliminate all comments where I was the only donut and see what the number is.

That's a good research project for you.

Then we'll use that new number.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:15:28 AM PDT

•  Why don't we just compare hidden comments? (1+ / 0-)
                            bottles

How many of your comments has the community moderation system hidden vs. how many of mine?

•  1 (2+ / 0-)
                            csquared, indubitably

but you have several people working in a group who uprate your comments out of troll alley.

You've had about 25 comments in troll alley at one point.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:29:48 AM PDT

•  Um dave... (2+ / 0-)
                            musing85, bottles

You've had about 25 comments in troll alley at one point.

I've also had objections overruled yet won the trial.  Being temporarily in troll alley isn't the same as having a comment hidden.  The day you lost your ability to rate comments you, Randy, kestrel9000 and raboof temporarily hid five of my comments. That's more a reflection on you than me.

I don't have anything.  Not sure you wanna use that one anyway as you're working with the king of organized responses.  As soon as I saw kestrel9000 involved I knew who else would show up.

Not sure what the "1" is about.  Certainly you've had more than one and the one I had was taken for the team--which you already knew or you would have brought it up regularly.

•  Twelve comments of mine where you were the (1+ / 0-)
                            bottles

only person at this site of >180K who believed it d0nut worthy.  Amazing your ratingabilityectomy took so long.

•  so we'll use the number 108 (2+ / 0-)
                            Pete Rock, indubitably

I think you hold the record here.

Again, people like Asher, myself, and others actually want to help elect Democrats.

You are an obstacle to helping to elect Democrats

You've failed your entire life.  I don't see you starting to succeed now.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:59:26 AM PDT

•  Nope again. (1+ / 0-)
                            bottles

108 Users other than me have felt, on 108 different occasions/comments, that you warranted a TU

Approx twenty of them were single d0nuts dropped by Randy, perhaps more. Pete Rock admitted elsewhere in this thread (?) that one of his single d0nuts on me was a mistake.  Several of them were retaliatory d0nuts from since nuked trolls and many were from the usual suspects.  It's easy to pick up undeserved d0nuts.  That's why the formula for hiding comments is what it is.

You've failed your entire life.

That's just a talking point, dave.  You keep throwing shit like that out there hoping it will stick but it doesn't.  I'd suggest you stick with drafting documents and doing closings as the attention to detail that trial work requires isn't your strength.

•  Attention to detail? (2+ / 0-)
                            Avila, indubitably

I think you've been exposed.

What you did with Asher today was totally, 100% despicable and disgusting.

It's just the latest in a long line of your transgressions.

Again, your entire political life has been one of failure.  Bottom line is I help Democrats, you hurt Democrats.

Out of comity I won't comment on the specifics of your professional life b/c that's going into an area that would violate how I read the rules.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 12:53:52 PM PDT

•  Really? (1+ / 0-)
                            bottles

What you did with Asher today was totally, 100% despicable and disgusting.

Asking him how he was helping voters get to the polls and telling him that his frequent mention of his personal fundraising goal is off putting is "despicable and disgusting"?  He had no problem handling it and learning how to deal with criticism is necessary if he's gonna get involved in the rough and tumbe of RW politics.  Your ass is showing.

Out of comity I won't comment on the specifics of your professional life

You know nothing about my professional life.  Not sure where you think you're headed with that.  All these unconditional declarations about me being a failure imply that you know something but you do not.

Bottom line is I help Democrats, you hurt Democrats.

Keep repeating that talking point, dave.  Maybe someone will believe you.

•   Nice ? better than your attempt at sarcasm (0+ / 0-)

BTW about the dOnuts  ...Just one was a mistake. I am sure the others are warranted, especially since this performance.+ Yours upthread now lies among the hiddens in spite of uprates.

Congratulations.

Diary hijack...spend more time trying to "score" points than do constructive work for democrats.

Glad to see you have your priorities straight, MF.

real showcase here in the comments for the best and the worst on this site.  Obscenity and meta overlayering a pretty good diary.  You must be really proud.

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 05:55:21 PM PDT

•  well the diary he hijacked on friday (1+ / 0-)
                            Avila

with similar type stunts and after Flaw posted the first comment trying to discourage the diarist actually made the rec list.

So Flaw managed to hijack two diaries over the weekend where

1.  the first made the rec list after Flaw wanted it deleted and
                            1.  bullying a 14 yr old kid.  It is clear from the initial comment that Flaw was trying to discourage the kid.  He bashed him for raising money for Obama.  As a result I went to Asher's page and donated $35 to Obama to help Asher get to $5000.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:17:17 PM PDT

•  double congratulations (3+ / 0-)
                        Avila, kestrel9000, indubitably

saying it's so doesn't make it so.

Perhaps the smartest thing you've ever typed here.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:42:56 AM PDT

•  I'm also a teacher (1+ / 0-)
                    kestrel9000

You may have heard of Stuyvesant.  In fact, some of my former students will be walking the halls tomorrow and Tuesday and Wednesday.

And as a teacher, anyone, even an adult, who starts bullying kids, is going to here from it from me.

Quick story - I worked in a charter school a long time ago.  The PTA mom came into my class and started berating a kid.  After school I went up to her and told her she had no right to do that and don't ever come into my classroom to do that to someone else's child.

It was May of that year and adm. made my last month difficult but I didn't care.

Oh, when I walked into the cafeteria the next day, I saw 20 kids sitting like angels hands folded. (Yes I found it odd).  I walked into the classroom, all 20 of them stood up and started clapping.  The first moment I got I went to the bathroom and started crying, tears flowing from my eyes.

Bottom line, you can try bullying me in life (won't get you far) but when you bully a 14 yr old, you will have to go through me first.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:18:29 PM PDT

•  I am sure (7+ / 0-)

he'she sounds like a grumpy old white dude, jealous of all the attention the new kid (14 years old) is getting.

He/she insulted the kid's effort and motive.

You can't take back a post. All he/she could do at this point is apologize, but he/she doesn't have the largeness of mind or the lack of arrogance to do it.

Deserves far more HR's to counter those "gazillions" of mojo.  Who cares? This idiot attacks Asher, an Obama supporter out of petulance and he gets uprated for it?

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:30:48 AM PDT

•  He did apologize...sheesh...enough. (0+ / 0-)

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:39:00 AM PDT

•  I did not apologize. (2+ / 0-)
                trashablanca, PvtJarHead

I wanted some details about how he was gonna help get people to the polls and he provided them.  I'm also not withdrawing my suggestion that he should focus on our shared goal of winning this election rather than his personal fundraising goals.

Apparently this is revenge day for a few patriots.  Pete Rock has a track record for dropping  bad d0nuts.

•  .You are not a real cop, you play one on Kos (4+ / 0-)
                  Avila, housesella, kestrel9000, csquared

"

I did not apologize

."

You are such a smart fellow, you can't even accept the decency of a fellow Kossack like David without dumping on his gesture of civility.

Except for the effort to make Asher's thread all about your "CLEVERNESS" and criticism this is a pretty good diary.

And if you DID apologize, you might get the donuts lifted, but heck you are never wrong and have all the answers. enjoy your food fight.

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:34:06 AM PDT

•  Watch the uprating abuse (3+ / 0-)
                    raboof, kestrel9000, Pete Rock

almost 12 hrs after Flaw's comment there were 2 recs and 11 TRs.

Now Flaw has emailed his buddies to come in and uprate the comment when he thinks no one is looking.

Musing85 is first.

There are 9 other people and you can bet everything you own that 1 or 2 more will uprate him prior to 9:34 tomorrow morning.

I know which names but I'll wait til they show up.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:16:04 PM PDT

•  Hail hail,the gang is all here! (0+ / 0-)

Michael is the guy who gave me my first troll rate  years ago for my daring to contradict him (my first or second day on the site of posting comments).

You are right dave, there are some whose mission it is to "clean souls and get everybody in line". And drive people away regardless. It's a game for them.

Shame this hijack of a nice diary in the comments goes on, but the consolation is what it self-reveals about certain "supporters" of Dems. What they really like to do more than anything else. It is time for recipes and weather reports. But that won't work with this wrecking crew.

Some things never change with some people...

zeal for inflicting punishment, having to have an authoritarian model, obsessed with control...
                      what site are we on again?

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:44:58 PM PDT

•  Here they come (0+ / 0-)

Trashablanca should be banned too simply for uprating this in my opinion.  It's against the FAQs

Clearly he got the email.

Now it's 4-12 which means it is out of troll alley.

If there's a 13th troll rating, one of the other 8 people (musing85 and trashablanca are 2 of the crew) will come in and uprate.

MajorFlaw has had about 25-30 comments in troll alley at one point or another. Then he emails the group of so called troll hunters and they abuse the system by uprating them.

Musing85, bottles, and trashablanca should not have rating privileges.

by davefromqueens on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 04:26:44 AM PDT

•  They are poison for democrats, poison for Kos (0+ / 0-)

They are doing irreparable harm to this site.

They are Cheneyesque.

by davefromqueens on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 04:28:03 AM PDT

•  FYI, that was a uprate of your comment that end (1+ / 0-)
                  kestrel9000

ed up somehow a TR. I didn't realize that ended up a TR. My keyboard mistake. I thought it was a support for your comment, now that I have a chance to review it.

Thanks for the link. First time I have looked back at that.

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 08:40:04 AM PDT

•  I save my HR's for people who use words like... (1+ / 0-)
      PvtJarHead

"messiah" and "kool-aid"

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:15:06 AM PDT

•  That's your major Flaw! thanks ROFL (3+ / 0-)
      Avila, Lady Kestrel, csquared

I don't believe that unconditional approval makes people better.

That's for sure,you betcha!

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:25:03 AM PDT

•  Pete... (0+ / 0-)

No need to pile on.  Too much of that around here.

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:31:03 AM PDT

•  This is becoming a diary hijack (1+ / 0-)
          csquared

Asher's achievement is becoming dumped on. Damn right it is a pile on, A DESERVED pile on.

How about defending Asher instead of quibbling about the correct number of HR's for MF?

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:34:41 AM PDT

•  Read all my comments in this diary... (2+ / 0-)
            trashablanca, LynneK

including the first one.  Then tell me that I haven't defended Asher.

Major Flaw said something harsh, and it's pretty clear he realized it, yet you decided to keep attacking him.  Your comment wasn't necessary.

Somewhere...Abraham Lincoln is smiling.

by David Kroning on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 07:36:54 AM PDT

•  you are wrong (0+ / 0-)

This thread should be hidden and the 2 people who uprated late in the game

musing85 and trashablanca

are a disgrace to this site.

Flaw's initial commment was disgusting and despicable.  Nevertheless, you tried to give him the way out and suggest that he apologize.

Flaw made it clear that he "did not apologize"

Thus he owns this thread.

Majorflaw is here to disrupt and incite, to try and drive Democrats away from this site.  This thread is clear proof of this.  Either he's banned by Nov. 6 (hopefully sooner like today) or watch hundreds of people if not thousands of people take their business elsewhere.  (Huffington Post, crooks and liars, raw story, newshounds, heck my entire blogroll and about 50 other sites)

by davefromqueens on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 04:34:50 AM PDT

•  maybe he doesn't need your approval, Flawed (1+ / 0-)
      Pete Rock

ever think that there might just be enough negativity and discouragement in real life (do you even comprehend what real life is?) that he came here to talk with like-minded people and wasn't seeking your sanctimonious bitchass naysaying? do not discourage this young person or any other from civic participation. you don't need to pick his motives apart because you're a miserable stalking misfit. leave him alone, pendejo.