View Diary: This is No Joke (239 comments)

•  Promises, promises. (2+ / 0-)
    trashablanca, bottles

You have a habit of saying things and not following through.

Linky

Linky #2

•  Sometimes I reconsider (3+ / 0-)
      kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

Indeed I thought of leaving earlier, you are correct and I have backtracked and changed my mind.

It's precisely because of a diary like the one I posted on Saturday (126 mistakes) and that I will repost on Monday (updated) that I stay through Nov. 4.

Name one person in media that did a better job of deconstructing Palin's debate performance than me?
      The answer is no one.

I have many flaws and many weaknesses but there are certain things I do real well.  It is those contributions that may still be needed between now and Nov. 4 especially since I could pretty much tell you what John McCain is going to be saying in the next 4 weeks and what every commercial of his is going to look like.

I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:34:50 AM PDT

•  I don't feel any pressing need for you to leave (1+ / 0-)
        bottles

or get nuked.  Now that you have to defend your work without the misuse of ratings I expect we'll be fine.  I'm sitting here with a full quiver yet I'm able to defend myself without dropping bad d0nuts.  If you recall it was the misuse of ratings which got us started a year ago.

Tina Fey was great last night.  Not sure I saw that diary of yours but I'll look for the new one.  I honestly hope it's as good as advertised.

OK then, how low is he gonna sink?  Now that it's clear the "lack of experience" meme isn't working I expect him to Roverize his message.

•  the issue of donuts (3+ / 0-)
          kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

click on my name, go to diaries, you can't miss it.

as for donuts, I put on my lawyer's hat and that thing called "the appearance of impropriety"

should I win the appeal and my HR status restored, you and bottles will NEVER get a donut from me no matter what you type.

Consider it like a judge recusing himself or herself from a case.  I look at it from the same lens.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:45:11 AM PDT

•  Should have thought of that before, no? (2+ / 0-)
            trashablanca, bottles

Why do you think I never dropped a retaliatory d0nut on you?  Why not just take responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming your current status on some sort of conspiracy between me and one of the site admins.  You are promising not to do it again without taking responsibility for your own actions.  Can you repeat after me, "The five d0nuts I, davefromqueens dropped on MajorFlaw in that  thread were ratings abuse."  It's obviously not up to me but I don't see any recognition that you did this to yourself thus your promise not to do it again is as empty as your promises to leave.

•  Doesn't matter (3+ / 0-)
              kestrel9000, csquared, indubitably

I will be spending the next 40-50 yrs of my life trying to make the world a better place by advancing the causes that the overwhelming majority of people at this site believe in and

you will be spending the next 15-20 yrs of your life having the opposite effect regardless of your intent.

Do you really think this is my be all and end all?
              I'm just getting started.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 10:58:19 AM PDT

•  and it's jealousy too (2+ / 0-)
                csquared, indubitably

Wherever you've gone, you have had the OPPOSITE effect.  You help Republicans even if your intent is different.

And me?  I help elect more and better Democrats.

You are clearly jealous of my success (and it's limited and far from over but still a million times more successful in my shorter time than yours in your longer time) and can't come to grips with the fact that you have been an abject failure for several decades of your adult life in the political realm.

I'll take one Asher on my side than a million of you.  Live with that.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 11:37:46 AM PDT

•  Wow, you are impressed with yourself. (2+ / 0-)
                  musing85, bottles

And me?  I help elect more and better Democrats.

More talking points without  shred of supporting evidence.

You are clearly jealous of my success

What success?  I don't know what you've done in the real world any more than you know about me.  Less actually.  From what I've seen at this site I don't see where you helped elect a single Dem, let alone better ones.  Remember contracts, dave?  What you are doing is called "puffing."

That's very funny.

I'll take one Asher on my side than a million of you.  Live with that.

I can do so with no problem as I wouldn't want someone as irresponsible as you on my side.  The question is whether Asher will want to work with you when he's a real player.  Anyone reading this diary and comments will see that he had no problem handling my initial comment.   Gotta be more than a hundred additional comments now with you, kestrel9000, raboof and others taking cheap shots at me.  It's clear who hijacked this diary.  Live with it.

•  You are a cancer for Democrats (2+ / 0-)
                    Avila, indubitably

And have done more harm to this site than any other user.  If not stopped, you will destroy this site.  You are well on your way to acheiving your mission.

After Election Day, the site will have a clear choice to make and I'll certainly be glad to "live with it" either way.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 12:55:54 PM PDT

•  That's kinda harsh. (2+ / 0-)
                      musing85, bottles

You are a cancer for Democrats

You don't know how to do anything other than escalate.  Getting louder and more obstreperous certainly has helped you before.

Perfect example which proves my point.  Once again you are not so subtly threatening the owner and admins of this site.  Whether you or I--or both of us--stay here is of little interest or concern to them.  You threatened to leave by the end of September if your ratings ability weren't restored and the admin(s) responsible for neutering you admonished.  Didn't appear to make much of an impression on anyone other than yourself.  But do cry "wolf" again.

If not stopped, you will destroy this site.

That's just silly.  You're buying into the new pffters/Today in MajorFlaud line.  This site is gonna be just fine with or without either or both of us.

•  First (0+ / 0-)

Yes, I make no bones, I leave if you are still here NOv. 6.  There is no threat.

As for your last paragraph, I genuinely hope this site prospers and continues to grow.  It just won't if what you did to Asher today keeps happening.

Now as for the Political Flesh Feast, yes I did read some of that parody stuff about you.  It is poorly written though, writing style needs work.  Definitely not a lawyer.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:24:17 PM PDT

•  Second. (2+ / 0-)
                          musing85, bottles

Yes, I make no bones, I leave if you are still here NOv. 6.

The goalposts keep moving.  Weren't you gonna leave by Oct 1 the last time.

There is no threat.

Of course it's a threat.  Not one anyone will care about but it's definitely a threat.

Definitely not a lawyer.

Correct, it is written by an accountant.  Some of it is kinda funny although he needs to call 1-800-New-Material.  I try not to miss an episode but it's getting a bit redundant.

•  I moved the goalposts to Nov. 6 (0+ / 0-)

because I am here to help elect Democrats and probably will have some valuable insights to contribute in that regard.

Indeed I did change my mind.  You can call it a flip flop.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 02:29:32 PM PDT

•  Nah, that wouldn't be accurate. (2+ / 0-)
                            musing85, bottles

More like a failure to keep your word--a/k/a lying--than a flip flop.  Which is why your current demand and deadline ring hollow.

•  You arrogant S.O.B.!!!! (0+ / 0-)

Your 'Major Flaw' is your conceit and indifference to real world politics. You are like Sara Palin in her debate pereformance.

How dare you say of Asher

"The question is whether Asher will want to work with you when he's a real player."

Like you a real player in the sandbox while that young man is moving  real voters in real time.

To strive,to seek,to find, and not to yield. 1843 high school motto, Rhode Island.

by Pete Rock on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 10:22:54 PM PDT

•  you sound like slouise217 (4+ / 0-)
          kestrel9000, Pager, Pete Rock, vox humana

NB: I'm not making an accusation of anything but the similarities in tactics are plain as day.

1. select targets to pick on.
          1. arrange back-up.
          1. refuse to operate on a level playing field; state or imply support of admins and use this to threaten others and silence them.
          1. play victim when called on it.

I try my best to ignore you but picking on a kid? wtf is wrong with you? just leave him alone if the idea of a young person doing something positive and patriotic is so repellant to you. this, Flawed, is a sad commentary on you -- not him.