View Diary: This is No Joke (239 comments)

•  What exactly is this ABOUT? (2+ / 0-)
    taylormattd, Avila

I don't understand what the fight is over.

"We're half awake in a fake empire."

by Alec82 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:19:13 PM PDT

•  start upthread (1+ / 0-)
      Avila

In addition to outing people's real names on prior occasions, Major Flaw saw it fit to try and bully and intimidate a 14 year old for no freaking reason.

Flaw knocks his attempts to help get senior citizens to the polls and Flaw knocks his fundraising efforts.

Absolutely one of the most despicable posts I've ever seen here, classic Major Flaw though.

I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:26:13 PM PDT

•  Well that is what I had a question about.... (1+ / 0-)
        Avila

This revealing of realtime names.  And this history that has developed....trollrating, etc.  Those of us who are relatively new need to be brought up to speed.  The idea of revealing someone's real identity is pretty serious for posters who have chosen anonymity.  I find it hard to believe that Markos would tolerate that.

"We're half awake in a fake empire."

by Alec82 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 01:30:47 PM PDT

•  It happened (0+ / 0-)

Which is why the question has been asked previously as to whether or not that kind of behavior speaks for the site.  It's a question that needs answering by Nov. 6, 2008

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 02:27:52 PM PDT

•  Correct: (2+ / 0-)
          trashablanca, bottles

I find it hard to believe that Markos would tolerate that.

Of course he wouldn't.  Ask daveto link to the comments where I

out(ed) people's real names on prior occasions

dave has a habit of twisting things, omitting details and just plain making shit up.  I believe it started right here and escalated from there.  dave is particularly angry at the moment because helost his ability to rate comments as a result of the abusive d0nuts he dropped here.  Take a look at my comments ranked by troll ratings.  Notice how many of them were dropped by dave.  This has become a crusade for him and he has announced that if I'm  not gone by election day he will leave.  There's a long history here and much of it is ugly.

•  after election day (0+ / 0-)

48 hrs after.

in the meantime, it's not an issue.

BTW I just donated 35 dollars to Obama through Asher.

Would you like to match?

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 02:38:45 PM PDT

•  Nah. (1+ / 0-)
              bottles

I'm not real keen on personal public fundraising goals.  Kinda reminds me of this doofus at Skadden Arps who somehow added me to his list.  Always trying to take credit for other people's money.  $4735 raised is a hell of an accomplishment for a high school kid.  Whether he makes his number isn't important in the grand scheme of things.  Learning how to accept almost complete victory and recognizing that talking about his personal goals isn't meaningful for most folks is.  My personal contribs are made in ways that benefit me or someone I particularly want to help.

•  and there's the big difference btw us (3+ / 0-)
                Avila, trashablanca, vox humana

In your own words toward the end.

First, him talking about his personal goals IS meaningful.  If you felt it wasn't, you could have avoided the diary.

Every time he solicits money he's talking about politics.  It builds networks, friends, and yes the amount probably is a local news story in his hometown paper.  If not, it will be.

Now here's the clincher.

Yep, that is you.  You simply don't care.  did you pluck those words from Sarah Palin's brain because that is EXACTLY what she believes govt is about.

Me, I HAVE and will CONTINUE to, make contributions that benefit OTHERS even if they do NOT benefit me.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 03:18:53 PM PDT

•  Um.... (2+ / 0-)
                  trashablanca, bottles

him talking about his personal goals IS meaningful.

To him maybe but many of us know people who also have fundraising goals.  Why should the rest of us care whether the diarist or that lawyer at Skadden make their numbers?

Every time he solicits money he's talking about politics.

That's just not true.  I'm not gonna start taking shots at him but some of his fundraiser diaries were almost completely about himself.  You have this unfortunate habit of saying things without any regard for whether they are true.

No argument there.  This diarist is a fine self promoter, remarkable for his age.  But he isn't always gonna be 14 and is gonna have to learn how to present his goals in ways which are meaningful to others.

Yep, that is you.  You simply don't care.

That's an odd conclusion to draw.  I can donate in ways which benefit people I know or which benefit the Skadden lawyer and this diarist who are strangers to me.  I wish them well but I'm taking care of my own friends, thank you.

Lame.

IOW you will continue to treat your friends no better than you treat a stranger.  Good to know.

•  others (0+ / 0-)

can include friends or strangers

Others can include the Democratic Party, progressives, liberals, and spined Democratic moderates.

You have the same mentality as Sarah Palin.  You see govt as a goodies box to reward your friends and punish your perceived enemies.  You think of yourself and yourself only and not the greater good.

Again this is a huge philosophical difference between us.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:27:37 PM PDT

•  response (0+ / 0-)

No one says you have to care.  But when you try to discourage him and dampen his enthusiasm, I care as do others.

So what if they were about himself?  He's 14.  As for your last sentence, just b/c you say so doesn't make it so.

And you are now the decider?

Must not be hard to do.  Are there any left?

Lame.

Good lawyer tactic.  Can't address the topic, engage in an ad hominem.

You are confused.  I said others.  Others is anyone but me.  What you revealed is why YOU have been an abject failure your entire life in virtually everything you've ever done.  I know it makes you jealous but perhaps your time has passed and you should look forward to new hobbies like shuffleboard.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:41:53 PM PDT

•  Oh you failed but I succeed (0+ / 0-)

you were a huge advocate for keeping NY's lever machines. In 2009 they all get replaced. How did you manage that?  Again, everything you touch people turn 180 on you.  A political failure your entire life.

Now let's see Dave's history.

1.  Dave lived in a town on Long Island.  Town controlled by Republicans.  Dave helps local Democratic party.  Local Democratic party takes over Town board and controls it to this day.
                    1.  Dave works through someone (actually 2 people, 1 is a former Republican turned Democrat) who is very instrumental in Crookhaven, where Dave grew up, to overtake a true republican machine.  Dave helps behind scenes to find the right people.  Dems take over. (This won't last forever)
                    1.  Dave volunteers for congressman in danger of losing seat.  Congressman wins.
                    1.  Dave volunteers for Democratic challenger.  Challenger upsets Republican.
                    1.  Dave gets many LTES in Newsday published that rip apart the Republican Nassau County machine.  What I say, whether I inspired it or not, becomes the talking points later used by Dems.  Dems knock off GOP machine for only 2nd time in 100 years.
                    1.  Dave tries helping Ned Lamont in Ct with Bushman stunts.  Unsuccessful in end.  Wish they'd listen to me when I told them that the turncoat ad sucked, that they should run ads linking Coulter to Lieberman, and that Ned should not go on vacation August 9th.  However the results of what I tried to do didn't work in November.
                    1.  Dave confronts right wingers here, there and everywhere from Gingrich, Promise Keepers, Jesse Helms, Ken Blackwell, Bob Novak, Al D'Amato, a Frank Luntz "focus group" (this is a funny story), Giuliani, Pataki, and plenty others.
                    1.  Oh have to mention D'Amato.  It was Dave who got word out on Long Island that D'Amato voted for a 10 cent a gallon tax increase while grandstanding against a 4.3 cent a gallon tax increase.  Oh D'Amato lost in 1998 and the hypocrisy on the gas tax was a big reason why.

And yes, Dave provides solid language and solid talking points that millions of other Democrats can use.  Dave calls talk show hosts to promote these phrases.  Dave uses humor and street theater to get across a deeper point without the harshness of politics.  Sometimes a laugh with a message does the trick.  Dave has called in many radio shows and said that Dems should be campaigning by saying that "We will capture and kill Osama Bin Laden" while ripping apart the GOP for ignoring him.  My exposing of Hannity works.  My going to a McCain town hall worked.  Why?  I put on the bootstraps and hit the streets while you sit behind a computer attacking a 14 yr old kid and trying to dampen his hopes and dampen his inspiration.

Oh and I, not publicly, am supporting a challenger in a certain race (against a R) behind the scenes.  And my challenger will knock out the republican incumbent, mark my words. (I can't say which race, you'll just have to respect this.)

And yes I have an 800 page book of IDEAS (in novel form) for progressives for the future that I plan to publish.

This is why I've done millions of times more to help Democrats in fewer years on this earth than you have in your entire lifetime.

LIve with that.  I know you are jealous big time.  Oh, and I don't mind sounding arrogant and full of myself in this one post given the subject I'm responding too.  It's usually not my nature but I'm quite capable of being tough.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:06:05 PM PDT

•  Perhaps because (0+ / 0-)

we are talking about (or were talking about) a fourteen-year-old. I have two fourteen-year-olds in my household. Do you have any idea how amazing this person's political involvement is? I worry that in fact you do. A fourteen-year-old is a "self-promoter?" How many fourteen-year-olds have such a sense of self that they could "promote" it? Very telling.

You seem to think that a few words of wisdom will age someone ten years. I hope he is still waiting for those words of wisdom, because in this diary he has worked for positive beliefs. Perhaps the words of wisdom are flowing in a different direction?

The law is slacked and judgment doth never go forth: the wicked compass about the righteous and wrong judgment proceedeth - Habakkuk 1:4

by vox humana on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 10:53:52 PM PDT

•  THAT'S what was meant by revealing someone's.... (3+ / 0-)
            MajorFlaw, trashablanca, bottles

...real identity? Linking to a diary where they voluntarily provided it?

This all seems whack to me.

"We're half awake in a fake empire."

by Alec82 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 03:22:44 PM PDT

•  He has also accused me of outing him by (3+ / 0-)
              trashablanca, Alec82, bottles

linking to his previous, banned account.  Now if he really wanted to protect his internets anonymity wouldn't he have chosen a UN a little less similar?  Still don't know what he did to get himself nuked that time but I see why he would want to avoid it.

•  Who says he got nuked? (1+ / 0-)
                Avila

You have a couple of very dear friends that chronically uprate you at this site and they are on their second or third UID. Did they get nuked? Or did they ask Admin to shut down their account so they could start fresh?

You should be more careful with your allegations, Flaw.

What's a good atheist substitute for "God bless America and Godspeed to you all"? Have a nice day and drive fast?

by Pager on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:24:07 PM PDT

•  Howz about providing links to the three times (2+ / 0-)
                  musing85, bottles

you saw me out someone here?  Not gonna bother with you until you correct that lie.

•  No, I don't think so (0+ / 0-)

because I'm not interested in outing these people. That's your territory, not mine. And no, it isn't a lie. Enough of us have read the links and the comments to know that you have no reservations about outing users that have been banned here and can no longer defend themselves. Oh, and I guess you have no reservations about outing one of your friends and blaming it on the Pff crowd and Kestrel.

And yes, I read the comment where you outed your pal, buddy. I have a long memory and you are a fucking liar and I have no respect for liars.

There is nothing you can do, at this point, to redeem yourself in my eyes. You are a liar and a troll. You have become what you despised.

Please don't bother with me. I'd be thrilled if you just stuck to stalking dfq.

by Pager on Mon Oct 06, 2008 at 06:52:44 AM PDT

•  and if i linked to bottles 2 previous accounts (1+ / 0-)
                  Avila

which I won't, he would be urging that I be banned.

Of course I could do something like this

Are you talking about bottles previous nics such as this one and this one?  (and provide a link to the this's)

Once again, Flaw has posted something that by HIS standards is bannable.

So now that's 3 things Flaw should be banned for.

1.  outing someone's real name. (doesn't matter if someone posted the comment first several months earlier
                  1.  HIs behavior toward Asher in this diary
                  1.  Linking to someone's previous name without an administrator's permission after acknolwedging it's wrong to do so.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:30:18 PM PDT

•  oh this was clever (0+ / 0-)

so he just outs a previous account again

And yes going back several months to an obscure comment and relinking it with someone's name is outing a member.

Again the question is, "Does Flaw's behavior of outing someone and now this behavior speak for DK?"

I know it doesn't speak for the overwhelming majority of users here who are busting their humps to try and elect Democrats.

by davefromqueens on Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 06:25:31 PM PDT