View Diary: Playing to type (284 comments)

•  Republican rally crowd more vetted than Palin! (11+ / 0-)

It's a bad sign when you can't even trust yourself.

PS - the fraidy cats have stolen my Obama yard sign tonight, so I'm going with an Obama pumpkin for the trick-or-treaters tomorrow.

Go ahead, punks - try and smash my Obama jack-o-lantern.  PLEASE!

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. - Oscar Wilde

by MaineMike on Thu Oct 30, 2008 at 08:02:20 PM PDT

•  be thankful that's all they did.... I woke up (12+ / 0-)

yesterday morning to discover that somebody had keyed both sides of my car and ripped off my Obama bumper sticker.

WTF?  I'm no fan of McCain but I don't feel the need to vandalize the property of his supporters.

the fraidy cats have stolen my Obama yard sign tonight,

A PBS mind in a Fox News World | -5.25/-4.72 | Obama 08!

by Crookshanks on Thu Oct 30, 2008 at 08:20:55 PM PDT

•  Oh man! (3+ / 0-)
        Kestrel, Lisa Lockwood, golconda2

That's terrible, Crookshanks.  It's also very telling.  I mean, how many Dems run around, stealing McCain signs, vandalizing property, etc.?

They do this at night, presumably because they are losing so much sleep over next Tuesday.

I have a magnetic oval sticker on my Toyota truck, but as I drive in the woods quite often with it, it already looks like it has been "keyed" by legions of pissed off and frightened Republicans.  So any paint damage they'd add to my vehicle would be overkill.

by MaineMike on Thu Oct 30, 2008 at 08:29:45 PM PDT

•  well, I wouldn't make it into a party line issue, (4+ / 0-)

because I'm sure there are Democrats running around and doing the same thing.  It's more a reflection on the individual who did it than it is on the party that he or she supports.

I just can't wrap my head around the mentality of it.  It reminds me of the people who flipped us off when we were doing visibility during the primaries.  I've never felt the need to do that when I see McCain supporters -- anybody who is passionate enough about politics to stand outside in the pouring rain holding up a sign is alright in my book.

What sucks is I know that this is going to be well over a thousand bucks to get repaired.  A thousand bucks I have to either eat or turn it over to my insurance company and live with higher premiums for the next five years.  Oey vey......

A PBS mind in a Fox News World | -5.25/-4.72 | Obama 08!

by Crookshanks on Thu Oct 30, 2008 at 08:42:07 PM PDT

•  Well, (1+ / 0-)
            Kestrel

I did paint with a broad brush, and I take your point. Speaking of paint, I really am sorry to hear about your car, and didn't mean to minimize that by mentioning that my car is already scratched up thanks to pine tree branches.

Those repairs are costly.  I scratched my wife's car last summer and the affected area was relatively small but the BLENDING of the paint (her car is silver) was what enlarged the area to be repainted and the final cost was around $600.  Just enough to make me not want to file an insurance claim for fear of a rate increase.

by MaineMike on Thu Oct 30, 2008 at 09:05:50 PM PDT

•  No, it's a reflection of culture. (0+ / 0-)

The question isn't whether there's nutbags on both (all) sides --- of course there are. That's just a question for the law.

But if one side has many more nutbags than the other, then we're talking something systematic. Then it's not just the legal question of punishing criminals, but the political and ideological question of a party that attracts and emphasizes nutbaginess. The crooks ain't just the perpetrators, but the organizers.

•  have you considered (0+ / 0-)

fixing the scratches yourself?

They make a billion different colors of fingernail polish, and for scratches in car paint, it works very nicely.

At a later date, you can always have the body panels repainted, but if you pick your color right, I seriously doubt you'll need to.

Reality has a well-documented liberal bias - Colbert

by MikeDub on Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 10:17:23 AM PDT

•  Got any bumper stickers left? (0+ / 0-)
        Go and slap them over McCain stickers, and wait for the pack to turn on itself.

Proud White Guilt Ridden Socialist Fake Anti American Ex Pat for Obama.

by DemCurious on Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 05:48:42 AM PDT