View Diary: Journalism at its finest (291 comments)

•  seriously (4+ / 0-)

Even Obama said that he didn't deserve it yet his supporters seem to ignore that fact. Was he stirring up "rat shit" too? Was that disgusting?

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 01:57:18 PM PDT

•  no, but you are (1+ / 0-)
      Escamillo

blah, blah, blah.
      Don't like Obama or his prize, fine.
      We GOT YOUR POINT, whatever it was.

Dennis Kucinich was right.

by lisastar on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:03:55 PM PDT

•  how old are you? 12? n/t (1+ / 0-)
        angel d

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:10:39 PM PDT

•  Wow, a comedian too! (0+ / 0-)

Dennis Kucinich was right.

by lisastar on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:11:12 PM PDT

•  got some facts to rebut my point? (0+ / 0-)

Or do you just want to trade insults?

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:12:42 PM PDT

•  Don't like Obama or his prize, (0+ / 0-)

fine.  WE GOT YOUR POINT.

Feel free to ramble on and I am sure you will.

Dennis Kucinich was right.

by lisastar on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:14:39 PM PDT

•  sorry (1+ / 0-)
                angel d

But you don't get to simplify my stance on Obama or this prize but stating that I don't "like" him. I'm not as simple-minded as you'd like to think I am.

HAND.

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:17:14 PM PDT

•  well you've been complaining about his (0+ / 0-)

getting the prize for two days now.  It's getting kind of old.  Maybe there is a site that caters just to those who are against Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize that you would be more suited to.

Just sayin'.

Dennis Kucinich was right.

by lisastar on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:25:25 PM PDT

•  there - you said it (1+ / 0-)
                    angel d

STFU or leave, right?

Find my own echo chamber.

No dissent allowed.

No debate necessary.

I would suggest to you that if contrary opinions bother you so much, perhaps you're the one who needs to find a site that caters to just those of you who praise Obama unconditionally because this - much to your chagrin, I'm sure - is not it. Nor should it be.

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:28:48 PM PDT

•  I do not support him unconditionally (0+ / 0-)

not by a long shot ---  but the president WE elected, gets the most prestigious prize there is, after 9 freaking months trying to clean up the mess the Nazi who preceded him made, after saying to the whole world he did not deserve this award, and not for ONE DAY can people like you say "congratulations" or at the very least SHUT UP if saying that is just too difficult...

Why is there a NEED to debate this award? What's done is done.  He did not ask for it. It is an opportunity to be a proud American for a change. In fact, I suggest that harping on this is un American, as much as the right wing teabaggers are un American.

Seems your time could be better spent on writing to the president with your complaints about what you think he should be doing instead of trying to convince us what a big goddamned travesty this is.

Dennis Kucinich was right.

by lisastar on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:40:54 PM PDT

•  again - sorry (0+ / 0-)

But I'm not going to "shut Up" just because you think I should.

Why is there a NEED to debate this award? What's done is done.

Sure. Why is there a NEED to debate anything?? What's done is done. Shut down the site. Shut down the blogs. Turn off the internets. What's done is done.

lol. Wow. Looks like you could use a vacation.

HAND.

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:56:29 PM PDT

•  and you're right (0+ / 0-)

I am "un American".

I'm Canadian.

Now I'll just get out of your way so your exploding grey matter doesn't end up on my new shirt.

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:59:42 PM PDT

•  Dunno. It's difficult to top (1+ / 0-)
                lisastar

"how old are you? 12?"

•  think about it (0+ / 0-)

I make a point and she comes back at me with the "you don't like Obama!" retort. Pretty similar to what a 12 year-old would say when they're incapable of actually arguing a point.

"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." - Eckhart Tolle

by catnip on Sat Oct 10, 2009 at 02:19:25 PM PDT

•  i agree, the exchange (on lisa's part) is ... (0+ / 0-)

... ridiculous.  Many, many people who really and truly like, admire and believe in Obama were also surprised by this award and felt perhaps it was premature (self included). That does not mean I'm not glad he won it, or that I don't like Obama.  It does mean that I had to review the criteria of the awarding that prize, and read the Nobel Committee's reasoning.  He's not Bush, he has inspired hope around the world, and he is well-intentioned.  All good and right things, but Nobel worthy?

I know what Obama's accomplishments are to date, and applaud them.  But I also know that issues like Guantanamo, torture, illegal wiretaps, armies-for-hire, Afghanistan etc. are less than at this point.

My sincerest wish is that Obama earns this prize.

•  That's Not What He Said. (3+ / 0-)

To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

But I also know that this prize reflects the kind of world that those men and women, and all Americans, want to build -- a world that gives life to the promise of our founding documents. And I know that throughout history, the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes. And that is why I will accept this award as a call to action -- a call for all nations to confront the common challenges of the 21st century.

He took the honor as a call to keep his pledge to change America's course and recommit the nation to its founding documents and diplomatic engagement with the rest of the world.

•  And Neda would likely say she doesn't deserve it (2+ / 0-)
      jayden, royce

were she able to communicate from the beyond.

I'd venture that most winners think they weren't worthy.  Those that didn't, still said as much.

Your point is quite weak.