View Diary: Soj's Old Tyme FAQ and Jamboree (70 comments)

•  Sorry (3.90)
    but it's not a jamboree until someone dances around with a tambourine.

More seriously, thank you for this.  You should drop kos a note, since he's been working on a revised FAQ (he says).  You may also want to include the link to the trusted user guidelines that no one can really find anymore.

Nicely done, as usual.

These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined. -- Homer Simpson

by folkbum on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 11:43:12 AM PST

•  Part 2 to this series (3.95)
      will include "What to Post When You're Drunk/High" and "The Myth That Old-Timers, Including Soj, Are "More Special" Than Other Users" :)

I wonder when I get my special "cane" for being an old timer... :)

Thanks folkbum and everyone else who makes this such a special place!

Pax

Night and day, you can find me Flogging the Simian

by Soj on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 11:52:37 AM PST

•  I can't wait for part two (3.50)
        I hope I can adopt your protocols for what to post...

Myths are great, too.  Especially when they are deserved. Of course the the cult of hero worship should be stamped out, and probably gets annoying (I wouldn't know </sniff>) but such is the souflee (sic) of Superiority.

Surely it is more savory than humble pie?

if Marisacat is out there I'd like to apologize for the sucrose; its just after all the vinegar this seemed a good place for syrup.

PS- Soj, how about a mention of the recipe diaries?

Emancipate yourself from Mental Slavery, No one but ourselves can free our Minds.

by TustonDAZ on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 12:23:20 PM PST

•  Yes, recipes (none)
          Recipes are often posted in response to a trollish comment or diary in place of, or in addition to, troll-rating.

Caution: some recipes may encourage inebriation.

"We cannot let terriers and rogue nations hold this nation hostile. - W, 09/09/00

by Bob Love on Mon Mar 21, 2005 at 12:09:10 PM PST

•  Soj (none)
        There is no getting around it. You are more special. This is an awesome guide.
        Thanks for doing it.

Well, Watson, we seem to have fallen upon evil days. -- Sherlock Holmes.

by Carnacki on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 01:23:01 PM PST

•  Here's that special "cane" for you (none)
        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was going to get you a nicer one, but this just seemed more useful. Kind of like the "Bat Cane™"

Seriously though Soj, this is a great list and could not have been better timed.

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain

by SeattleLiberal on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 02:53:39 PM PST

•  soj is more special than the rest of us (3.71)
        No myth.

"Sometimes a noble fight lost achieves more than a pragmatic compromise." -paraphrase of pyrrho

by Armando on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 02:54:56 PM PST

•  Cheers! (3.00)
        Great work. This is not only an excellent faq for the Kos, it's a real artifact of online community interaction. What with all the growing pains of late, it's great timing too.

Well done, I say. Hopefully one of the regs will get it in front of The Establishment (joke) and it will get a permalink.

Politics is the art of controlling your environment. Participate! (outlandishjosh.com)

by Outlandish Josh on Sun Jan 09, 2005 at 05:41:01 PM PST