View Diary: Should Leakers Be Prosecuted? The Deafening Silence From Whistleblowers (152 comments)

•  Some of the comments in this thread (3+ / 0-)
    SisTwo, Hawkjt, Amber6541

are just ridiculous.

Our government is huge.  And there are rules, procedures and employees that have been put in place by previous administrations that are still operating under those rules.

It takes time to rewrite procedural operations and time to figure out where they need to be written.  Things actually have to fail on a big scale for it to reach the President's desk so he can address the problem.

Obama is not omniscient to every aspect of our government.  At many times he's going to find out the problems as soon as we do or just after.

Pres. Obama is slowly (mainly because of obstruction) reappointing many of the key head positions in our government.  It's going to take time to weed out corruption and bad practices.

And to all who blame Obama directly for everything.  Please provide actually evidence of his willful corruption and knowledge of corruption.  Just because you heard something on a blog somewhere doesn't make it fact or reality.

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 09:52:44 AM PDT

•  The Scandal of Liberals Calling Barack Barry As (2+ / 0-)
      Silverbird, Uberbah

his family and friends have was already noted in a recommended diary.

Now we have the horror of making the president in any way responsible for the wrongdoing of his government.  Surely he can have no knowledge of those things.

Can liberals possibly do anything more reprehensible?

Perhaps we should all be prosecuted for treason.

Best,  Terry

•  It would make almost as much sense (0+ / 0-)

Perhaps we should all be prosecuted for treason.

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 10:27:50 AM PDT

•  Also Pres. Barack Obama (0+ / 0-)

didn't run on the name Barry Obama but rather Barack.  Indicating that he'd rather be referred to as Barack Obama.

It is form of disrespect to not address a person by the name they prefer.  I am quick to correct people when they mispronounce or shorten my name.  And if they continue to do so after I have corrected them I assume they don't have enough respect for me and I ignore them.

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 10:48:26 AM PDT

•  John F. Kennedy Also Was Demeaned by People (1+ / 0-)
          mrkvica

calling him Jack.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I am sure you have stopped talking to all those hideous people.

Best,  Terry

•  It's all about permission and etiquette (0+ / 0-)

Calling Pres. Kennedy by "Jack" by some in the general public was done in an endearing manor. They co-opted a family nickname.

In the case of referring to Pres. Obama as "Barry" exclusively by some on the Right was because that was the name his "white" family used to refer to him.  And many claimed that should be his only valid name.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I know.

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 11:38:58 AM PDT

•  Was "Dick," As In Tricky Dick, An Abomination Too (0+ / 0-)

Or is it only Barack Obama who has this nickname problem?

I am not up on your rules of etiquette.

If you don't know which president was called Tricky Dick, nevermind.

Best,  Terry

•  Yes Nixon's opposition came up with (0+ / 0-)

Tricky Dick.  So are you saying that you agree with the racist opposition of Barack Obama and feel that it's legitimate to call him Barry?

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 04:24:53 PM PDT

•  Richard Nixon Was The Name (0+ / 0-)

Everybody called him Dick.

I hardly ever heard anyone call him Richard.

You know, like with James Carter.  People disrespected him too by calling him Jimmy.

You haven't provided the book denouncing this horrendous  etiquette that all Americans everywhere are guilty of.

Should be everywhere, should it not?

I can't seem to find it.

Please link.  TIA.

Best,  Terry

•  Sad that you are so prideful (0+ / 0-)

that you are not willing to conceded that a certain percentage of our population is using the name "Barry" in a derogatory manner.

He has stated even to his grandparents that he doesn't like that nickname.  Yet you have no problem with it.

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 05:10:02 PM PDT

•  You Will Find Nothing, Nothing Whatever (0+ / 0-)

in anything that I have written here or elsewhere that claims that people do not use Barry as a weird kind of epithet as well as people who love Obama use it in the most friendly fashion.

Obama's middle name was used in particular this way by the wingnuts.

False charges are what wingnuts do.  Democrats ought not do the same.

Please reconsider your false charge.

Or don't, as you see fit.

Best,  Terry

•  first of all unless you're (0+ / 0-)

one of Barack's family members that he still allows to use Barry (or specifically Bar) you shouldn't be using that nickname for him.

Secondly people don't use it in the most friendly way on this site.  It is only used when they are disappointed with Pres. Obama. Adopting the wingnut epithet of the nickname.

And you have been defending their right to do that here at this democratic blog most of the day with me.

So I will not reconsider my charge.

Best

Steve

If your comment is mean, I might have Sarah Palin sue you.

by in2mixin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 at 07:24:06 PM PDT