View Diary: My July 4th in prison, or what it really takes to be a foster family (141 comments)

•  Hey tworoads, (19+ / 0-)

I hadn't caught this when it was originally posted but was very glad to see a diary from you. Great writing, a very evocative and poignant history, and heartfelt lesson on so many levels. You are an extraordinarily gifted human being and I'm glad to have even this tangential DKos connection to you. I'm always amazed how you manage to handle life's adversarial complexities with such grace. I've not been able to find your UFO series for a long time, did you abandon it or am I just not seeing it on Saturdays any longer? Anyway, take care of yourself and Jack, you're both lucky to have found each other.

•  I was wondering the same thing (3+ / 0-)
      ladybug53, two roads, Sand Hill Crane

This weekend myself. I just thought that I wasn't finding them at the right time. And being busy I put the looking for them off til later.

So finally this weekend I looked.

I found the last SNUFO diary and also the new site.

So happy to see this diary this morning. It is amazing to read of the greatness in small actions.

Freedom without responsibility is license and not liberty. Ralph Waldo Emerson

by Bionic on Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 07:36:49 AM PDT

•  Life intruded. (2+ / 0-)
        Bionic, ladybug53

But it will be online, probably Autumn.

And it will be very nice to meet up again.

The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. - H.L. Mencken

by two roads on Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 09:57:55 AM PDT

•  Looking forward to it (1+ / 0-)
          two roads

Life intruded for me too and I started missing your diaries on Saturday night. Then missing them on Sunday. Then from one week to the next. But I was trying to keep up when I could.

You should build a mailing list so that you can drop all of us a line when the site does go live.

Maybe get a gmail address you can use and just put directions in your sig line so that interested readers will be able to send you a "Subscribe me" email. I'd sign up and I am sure many others would as well.

Get the new site off with a bang or a flap or something.

Freedom without responsibility is license and not liberty. Ralph Waldo Emerson

by Bionic on Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 11:58:08 AM PDT

•  Alright already! (1+ / 0-)
            Bionic

This is very welcome nagging :)

And I hereby pledge to begin at least to begin preparations to rev up again, even though this week it will have to be in the most miniscule manner.

by two roads on Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 12:18:43 PM PDT

•  That's all it takes! (1+ / 0-)
              two roads

After reading this diary I know you know that even progress of the most minuscule manner is movement in the right direction!

But seriously, you do not actually have to start right now. I;m just thinking that there are probably more lurkers than you know out there who read your diaries and all the comments in them and never commented or made their presence known.
              And that many of them (like me) will click on a Diary by you simply because it is you or will notice your handle and recognize you as someone they know.

And that you're too modest to put such a suggestion in your sig file (when you're ready) when it would be really appreciated.

There. I'm done! ;o)

Freedom without responsibility is license and not liberty. Ralph Waldo Emerson

by Bionic on Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 08:20:06 PM PDT

•  It will come online... (1+ / 0-)
      ladybug53

...though I strongly suspect it will now be Autumn.

And I very much look forward to the day when we all meet up again.

by two roads on Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 09:56:42 AM PDT

•  Hurray! (1+ / 0-)
        two roads

A good enough reason to endure through the Summer knowing that the series will continue. Following along with the ever-expanding and encircling investigation was the only time during the entire week that I didn't feel assaulted by "life". So many things read or seen these days seem designed to remind a person just how imperiled we all are by powers beyond our control. Studying your astute and well-documented exploration into a niche topic from a half century past has been a joyous occasion to employ some brain power without the self-defense mechanism set on "High Alert". If you ever need things to send/take to Jack like socks, books, toothpaste, let it be known and I'm sure some of us will pull together to assist in anyway possible.