View Diary: The bottom line (367 comments)

•  Next stop: White House Correspondence Assn! (none)
    If this hasn't been done already, why don't we learn about the procedures for becoming a While House correspondent just like "Jeff Gannon" and "Talon News" did. And by "we," I mean some key bloggers. Let's find out what the procedure is and make sure we follow it to the letter of the law, then lets see if we are treated the same way as  "Jeff" and "Talon" were....

So, my guess is that we should start here

White House Correspondence Association
    1920 N Street, NW
    Suite 300
    Washington, D.C.
    20036
    202-452-4836

Any thoughts, Susan?

I did not receive $ from Ketchum, U.S. Department of Ed or HHS to write this---though I wish I had.

by Volvo Liberal on Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:30:43 PM PST

•  WHCA.net is the website (none)

by Volvo Liberal on Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 04:31:18 PM PST

•  asdf (none)
      there was a blogger a week or so ago that had a recommended diary discussion his efforts to understand the procedure for getting WH Corr. day passes.

(s)he had actually made some headway but I don't know what happened.

•  2 diaries (4.00)
        first diary

second diary

Short version: I talked to a whole mess o' folks and pretty well proved that Gannon, as he was then known, had to be a plant. Had a good time running up my phone bill, though.

There's a nice-ninny priest/at tea in everyone,/all cozy and chatty as auntie,/but a saint comes/and throws rocks through the window. -- John Ciardi

by Mnemosyne on Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 05:04:40 PM PST

•  Awesome, thanks (none)
          So, I guess it would be difficult to get "daily passes" every day, no?

by Volvo Liberal on Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 05:36:57 PM PST

•  daily passes, daily (none)
            I suppose you could do it, but it seems to me the odds are against it happening for anyone who isn't on the "in" list. And it does raise once again the question of why a "reporter" like "Gannon," who attended briefings regularly, couldn't get a so-called hard pass that's good for general admittance.

I didn't follow that latter part much, was more interested in asking Candide-like questions about what the process is.

by Mnemosyne on Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 05:43:56 PM PST

•  This is great! (none)
          Does this not prove that McClellan et al are in cahoots with Talon and "Gannon"?  While FOIA -ing, could there be one to find out who issues the day passes?  Or specifically who issued the passes to Gannon?
          •  Maybe (none)
            I don't think these two diaries "prove" the McClellan-Talon-"Gannon" connection, not to the standard of law. But they are part of the chain of information that will establish the truth.

by Mnemosyne on Wed Feb 09, 2005 at 08:43:31 PM PST