View Diary: About that Pat Down (108 comments)

•  No. I won't. (4+ / 0-)

You clearly don't understand the Fourth Amendment, or that free societies are inherently dangerous.  If you think this TSA nonsense is effective and willingly subject yourself to it because you think that anything less will result in a 9/11 repeat, then the terrorists have beaten you.

If I stop believing in gravity, will creationists float away?

by Idgie Threadgoode on Mon Nov 15, 2010 at 09:24:53 PM PST

•  Where does this logic end? Do you want to (0+ / 0-)

brandish weapons in school yards, or aren't you simply making a philosophical point.  Surely you aren't arguing that the public should not cooperate with the duly elected authorities in regards to public safety?  Or are you?  What is the point you're trying to make?

"Because I am a river to my people."

by lordcopper on Mon Nov 15, 2010 at 09:31:56 PM PST

•  The point (9+ / 0-)

is that simply boarding a plane does not constitute probable cause for either unsafe X-rays or sexual molestation.  The point is that the TSA is ineffective, as the repeated tests that manage to get weapons onto planes anyway have demonstrated.  The point is that the money wasted on TSA kabuki security theatre would be much better spent on measures that are more effective and less intrusive.

The point is also that you have already given in to the criminals who committed the crimes of 9/11.

If I stop believing in gravity, will creationists float away?

by Idgie Threadgoode on Mon Nov 15, 2010 at 09:41:03 PM PST

•  Then you should drive. I travel frequently, and (0+ / 0-)

it's not a matter of whether I agree with the policy (I do), it's the law, and it's not unreasonable.

"Because I am a river to my people."

by lordcopper on Tue Nov 16, 2010 at 06:48:21 AM PST

•  It is unreasonable. (0+ / 0-)

Just because something is the law does not mean it is reasonable.

I'm not going to respond to you again on this issue.

If I stop believing in gravity, will creationists float away?

by Idgie Threadgoode on Tue Nov 16, 2010 at 01:44:07 PM PST

•  Your personal concern weighed against the (0+ / 0-)

potential cost in lives and property if something goes wrong.

Please don't respond to me again on this issue.  Thanks.

"Because I am a river to my people."

by lordcopper on Tue Nov 16, 2010 at 06:05:22 PM PST