- Today's comic is Judge Scalia, in "A Legal Carol" by by Ruben Bolling:
- Well, this is something to look forward to. Not:
And now that the political world is beginning to think about 2016, it’s become apparent that Hillary will be a front-runner like we’ve rarely seen if she joins the race.
So Republicans have a problem. As long as the threat of another Clinton campaign looms, they can’t continue with their hands-off approach. They must find a way to make her a villain all over again, to revert to their 1992-2008 treatment of her – and fast.
- Go look at this picture. Seriously, go look now.
- Queen Elizabeth goes all 21st century:
She made her acting debut at the London Olympics. Now Queen Elizabeth II is hitting the screen again — in 3D.
Buckingham Palace says the monarch was “ready to embrace something new” for her annual Christmas broadcast in honor of her Diamond Jubilee year — 60 years on the throne.
- Not from The Onion:
Can humility be taught?
Famed New York Times columnist David Brooks seems to think it can -- or at the very least philosophically explained. Yale's Bullblog reports Brooks is set to teach a new course at Yale University next semester entitled, you guessed it, "Humility."
- I dare you not to click on this:
Getting to second base, the holy grail for hormonal boys, is now science[.]
- She's not wrong. But she's still Sarah.
William Bryan Jennings, the banker whose assault and hate-crime charges over a dispute with a New York cab driver were dropped, was fired by Morgan Stanley and is now reportedly trying to get millions in deferred compensation denied him by his former employer.
- Oh Saturn, you are such a showboat!—DarkSyde
- Your LOL of the day.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: