Via twitter Jayme Fraser @JaymeKFraser2m shows us protesters outside Gov. Perry's reception room call for him to support Medicaid expansion as media looks on. #txlege https://twitter.com/...
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Mimi Garcia
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:51 PM
To: Key Contact List
Subject: Calls to Action for Monday re:Medicaid Expansion
I sent the language below to folks through the Cover Texas Now list. As you may know by now, Governor Perry and others are holding a press conference on Monday (4/1) (http://www.texastribune.org/...) doubling down against Medicaid Expansion.
We are working to mobilize hundres of phone calls into legislative offices Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Here is some suggested language that you can send to your lists for the calls we'll be doing Monday into legislators' offices in response to Perry's press conference. We are using Consumer's Union phone number so that these can be tracked. We want to direct people to also sign on to a petition if they haven't already. You can use your own or if you don't have one you can direct them to the Progress Texas Sign-on petition (http://signon.org/...)
Please feel free to call me if you have any questions. 512-814-9347. Also, please let me know if you send out this number or another call to action next week, I'd like to keep track of how many groups participate.
Make a call for common sense in Texas!
Millions of Texans who can’t afford costly health coverage go uninsured. But Gov. Perry and some state lawmakers want to reject billions from the federal government that would help cover over 1.5 million Texans.
Despite widespread support for a Medicaid solution to help close our coverage gap, Gov. Perry, Sen. Cornyn, Sen. Cruz and some other state lawmakers continue to stand in opposition.
Call your legislators today and tell them:
I support Medicaid expansion and you should too!
Call toll-free: 1-866-823-4787After you've made your call, sign on to our petition if you haven't already to reiterate your support for Medicaid Expansion.
Follow the instructions and enter your district number when requested. Tell your lawmakers to support Medicaid expansion in Texas! You have two lawmakers, so call both if you can. Here are some points to make in your call, or just tell your lawmaker how you feel:
I am your constituent, and I ask you to support Medicaid expansion in Texas.
• Over 1.5 million Texans will get health coverage through the expansion, dramatically cutting the state’s uninsured rate.
• This won't cost the state anything for the first three years, and we will never pay more than 10% in the future.
• Texas will get $23.9 billion from the federal government during the next four years to expand Medicaid
• The added economic boost from expanded health coverage will generate an estimated 231,000 jobs in Texas by 2016.
• Expanding Medicaid health coverage to low-wage families and those in poverty makes sense, since minor illnesses will be treated before they turn into costly medical problems that all Texans pay for.
Director of Healthcare Organizing, Engage Texas
Texas Well and Healthy
A Statewide grassroots movement to improve the health and well-being of Texas