You can click here to donate:You remember Mark Sanford? He's the former Governor of South Carolina who went missing for six days while he said he was "hiking the Appalachian Trail," when he really was on his now infamous personal trip to Argentina.
Well, after going into hiding for a few years, Sanford is now the Republican nominee in a Special Election for South Carolina's First Congressional District.
The election is in two weeks, and his opponent is Elizabeth Colbert Busch... Stephen Colbert's sister.All caught up now?
We're running a hard-hitting ad holding Sanford accountable for abandoning his post while serving as Governor, and we need your help to expand our buy. With Colbert-Busch up two points in the polls, it could mean the difference between a big victory, or an agonizing defeat.
Watch the ad and contribute to VoteVets today.
This wouldn't be Mark Sanford's first term as a member of the House of Representatives.Sanford served there before -- from 1995 to 2001 -- and was notorious for voting against a slew of bills important to veterans, including housing grants for homeless veterans, VA Appropriations Bills, and more.
We have a chance to stop him from returning, and we're going to take it. I hope you'll join us by watching the ad and contributing to VoteVets today.
We're one of the few organizations active in this race right now, so picking up a win would send a strong message about our effectiveness.
Thanks for standing with us in this fight.
Iraq War Veteran
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: