PPP has Markey leading Gomez by 4 points. The election is Tuesday, June 25th. Click here if you would like to donate to Markey's campaign:On Tuesday night, my friend, Congressman Ed Markey, won the Democratic nomination to replace John Kerry in the U.S. Senate!
It's great news: I served with Ed when I was in the House and know firsthand that he is a strong, progressive leader who will make an excellent senator. Just look at the lead he's taken on environmental issues.Now that Ed is the Democratic nominee, he needs all of our help to defeat his Republican opponent -- and fend off the right-wing super PACs mobilizing against him. And with the Massachusetts special election rapidly approaching next month, we don't have any time to lose.
Click here to rush $5 to Ed Markey's campaign before next month's special election -- and help elect another strong progressive to the U.S. Senate!
Democrats can't take this race for granted.
After all, the last time there was a special Senate election in Massachusetts, Republican Scott Brown shocked the political world when he unexpectedly won.
We can't let that happen again. But already, national Republicans and right-wing groups are gearing up to smear Ed and try to buy this seat.
Ed needs our help, before the special election next month, to fight off these attacks.
Please click here to rush $5 to Ed Markey's campaign -- and ensure we don't have another Republican upset win in Massachusetts.
With so many important issues coming before the Senate this summer and fall -- from immigration reform to curbing gun violence to strengthening Medicare and Social Security -- the last thing we need is another Republican vote in the U.S. Senate.
We need Ed Markey.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: